Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 16:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:
Default The battle of the sexes has begun....

In our household. I woke up in a really pissy mood this morning. Took DS to preschool, and because I was so tired I grabbed a small chai tea (approx 10 carbs) to wake up so I would not be so grumpy.

Got home and he was ticked at me cause I did not get him a mocha so he decided he was gonna start induction today!!!! So it's been a battle of wills all day long. I went out and excercised which ticked him off......got him back for one upping me on the induction thing. he told me he was starting next monday!!!

Oh well. hehe. This is gonna be fun. NOT!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 17:03

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Good Luck Pat S
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:05

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default In our house also...

DH and I have been doing our own diet plans since 1/2/03. He is doing LF while I am doing LC. I have more weight to lose than he does, but he is beating me right now by 6 lbs. He has lost 37.5 and I have lost 31.5. I get soo frustrated because he cheats ALL the time and I have only had 2 or 3 tiny ones since starting! But in the long run, I WILL WIN!!!!

Have fun with it, I have found that our competition keeps me motivated and doing what I need to do so I can catch up sooner than later!

Amy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 19:06
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

It turely is unfair, but the fact is men lose faster than woman. YES God is a man. They have on layer of fat cells, while we get two. "Whatcha gonna do? "

My DH an I started the diet together in the second half of Feb. It has been a very good experience for us. HE get his breakfest and lunch made every day, and the trade off is he is giving me a lot of support. He admits he couldn't do it without me. And I like the constant feeding of my esteem. One soon my ego will be as big as my body!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 14:51

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

My DH doesn't do Atkins with me, but he knows how to do it. lol

He says that if he ever wants to lose the weight, all he has to do is what I do. And he'll lose it quicker.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

He is ready to throw in the towel!

3 days and he is ready to quit. It is silly. He knows it is working, but he had yet to sit down and read the book or even the printouts I gave him.

Grrrr.....it's a battle to the end. I told him to pick this or WW and just stick with it!!! Stop whining about your weight and just do it!!

Me, I'm just kicking butt. He asks how I can eat nothing but eggs and bacon, do I get sick of it? I'm like well no, I actually crave it!
He just looked at me with the weirdest look......

will post future updates as they happen.