Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 08:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/183/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Unhappy Help week one and not a pound lost!!!

I haven't lost one pound yet. I use my ketosis sticks and they are red. I have been eating the same exact thing for the entire week.

2 boiled eggs for breakfast
grilled chicken breast and lettuce for lunch and dinner

and lots of water I consider that to be a strict diet yet not a pound lost

What should i do!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:05
Registered Member

Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi - I'm new, too, but from the reading I've done and my own experience so far, I'd say that you are restricting your overall calories and fat intake too much. Try some variety and include more fat in your diet.
I'm just getting the lightbulb that I've been eating lots of nuts in this induction phase (I THOUGHT I had read that they were ok!)and it turns out that this is a no-no for the first 2 weeks. Now I'm going to cut those out and stick to meats, eggs and veggies.
Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:15

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Waldorfmom is right about upping the fat! Eat an ounce of cheese with your eggs, some oil on your chicken, dressing on your salad, etc. You can probably also eat more carbs than it looks like you're eating. Though the good doctor specifies three cups of salad vegetables, that guideline is for a diet that also consists of 3-4oz dairy, avocado, olives, sour cream, and a modest amount of artificial sweeteners. You can eat a lot more veggies! Have you found www.fitday.com yet? If you enter in your numbers, I bet you will find you are way below 20g carbs. There is no need to go that low. In fact, you need the fiber from veggies to keep you regular, thus aiding in weight loss.

Also make sure to get at least 8 cups of water a day! It really helps.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:09
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

If you don't eat enough your body will hang onto the fat for survival! It doesn't realize you are on a diet --- it thinks the food source is gone and you are starving.

This is what you are supposed to be eating.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 08:57

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

eat more fat. eat more fat. use fitday and try to get it at least 70% fat.

i did not lose until the 2nd week of induction. i would consider the first week to be cleaning out your system of old carbs. dont expect loss till second week.

i know its hard but you have to eat the fat. it also kills cravings for carbs when you eat fat.