Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 08:39
Shana

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up I know this works

I began low carbing after finding out that I had Polycystic ovary disease. I had gained 85 pounds in 7 years and was having difficulty becoming pregnant. With activity I painfully lost 10 pounds and amazing became pregnant.

During my pregnancy I had gestational diabetes. I am certain this was from the weight gain and poor lifestyle choice of eating too many carbs. When my son was about 3 months old, I began reading a book by Dr. Atkins and thought--this makes sense for someone with insulin resistance. Heck, nothing else I had tried ever worked. I was eating very little, nursing like mad, and was 5 pounds heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant.

I began low carbing and lost like 8 pounds the first week, five the next.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 16:18
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

hello i'm new to the forum and i just wantted to say your doing a great job so far.keep up the hard work and its very nice to meet you...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 17:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hey Shana - Congrats on your success!!!

Way to go - glad you found us - we can always use another smiling face - the thinner we get the broader the smile

Welcome!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 01:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hey Shana,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats. on the weight loss so far There is a lot of good information and encouragement to be found here.

Join the fun
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 06:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default gestational diabetes

Hi Shana and welcome. I too had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my last (seems like a million years ago, but really only 18). That's my reason for following lowcarb today.

I've been through the insulin route and the daily blood tests and I perfer to watch my food intake.

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep us posted on your progress.