Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Cyain pepper (sp) is it worth it?

as i had said in another post i wont use the eca stack so i wnet with the cyain pepper option. im wondering if its worth using during my cardio or is it just too week to really matter. i use it on an empty stomic like the eca stack and boy does the heart burn suck but i can deal with that as long as its actualy worth taking. so any opinions on this please.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 08:01

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%

Cayenne. No, I don't think it's worth much. If you want to add something to the ECA stack, try Tyrosine - it's a precursor to neurotransmitters, and large doses have been said (anecdotally but I believe those guys) to boost the ECA effect. Takes a bundle of Y (Y is one-letter abbreviation for tyrosine) to do this though - >1 g per dose, so it can get expensive fast.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 08:04

Oh, and this way it HAS to be taken on an empty stomach because amino acids compete with each other for transporters in the intestine and the blood-brain barrier, so any protein would interfere with tyrosine absorption.

This is why you wouldn't get the effect from just eating protein, which of course contains tyrosine as one of its amino acids. Ultimately the neurotransmitters would be made anyway, of course.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 10:07

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

West, i think he is looking for something to take instead of tehe ECA stack.

Phade if you are concened about the ephedra check into twinlab's new ephedra free ripped or diet fuel
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%

ya i heared some one mention that twin lab ephedra alts but forgot about them (doh).

ya im not gonna use ephedra, ive seen what it does to people heard about healthy people diing from it and made a promise to my best friend (who i was against them using it in the first place) that i wouldnt use it either. also it doesnt take much for me to get wired so it als owould not be a good idea.

ok if the Cayenne isnt worth it thats good to know. any of you know how well the ephedra free stuff works, i assume it would be on an empty stomic also.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 15:29

If ephedra-free Ripped Fuel is just caffeine then why not just drink coffee or get those el cheapo caffeine pills?