Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 16:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default How many sizes of clothing do you have in your closet?

When I started Atkins, I was looking through the closet. My first thoughts were something along the lines of, wow! If I can actually get the weight off, I'll need smaller clothing. Next thought, this equals spending a lot of money cause I have a lot of sizes to go through before I get to goal.

I started out in 20's, which are the bulk of my clothing. Thank goodness many of the sweaters and tops I own will be useable even when I'm thin. (I love big sweaters over jeans in the wintertime, whether I am thin or fat.

Anyway, I found a whole herd of 18's in there! Some still have tags on them. A tribute to how quickly I gained some of this weight! And now I can wear some of them. Yay!

I dug into the dark recesses. LO AND BEHOLD! I found a box with about 9 pairs of 16 jeans in there! Some look almost brand new! Those jeans hadn't seen daylight since 1996. I can't wait to wear them again!

All this reminded me of how quickly I put on 60 pounds when the weight came on. I didn't even have a chance to wear out any of my clothing. It came in big sheets, like in 16 pound increments, all at once over about a year period.

I don't have anymore 14's...that I've found yet, anyway.

So how many sizes of clothing do you have?
Sponsored Links