Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 10:05

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Default Allow me to introduce myself...

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. I am Ketodiva and started this wol at the end of February, 2003. I have lost 30 pounds but have been stuck on the 30 pound loss for 4 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm happier and healthier than I was before I started. And 30 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, but my goal is to lose about 125 pounds and I feel so frustrated. But I'm determined that this is the way I'm going to live the rest of my life and no matter how long it takes, I'll get there and stay there.

I am so happy to be with you. Sometimes I feel so alone in this. But I'm turning 52 in a couple of weeks, I feel great, and I know I'm doing the right thing. I see the pounds that so many of you have lost and wonder if I'll ever be among you.

I look forward to hearing from you and about you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 11:09
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Ahhhh

You are at the "body is recovering" stage. After losing all that weight your body will need time to readjust itself. I find these phases at first frustrating but now I notice that my body shifts my fat around (by measuring) EX. I lost 20lbs in a month and my chest size had gone down by 3" and my hips 0" after two weeks of little weight loss, my measurements changed to only 2" loss in my chest and a 1" loss in my hips. Besides stall (when you haven't lost any weight for at least a month) are a great time for your skin to tighten. Always a good thing.

Great job on your weight loss by the way!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 16:03

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Smile Thanks a bunch

Thanks Lessara.

You're just what I needed to give me a boost. I do seem to be shrinking even though the scale isn't showing it. I just bought new size 24 jeans. Two months ago I was squeezing into 28s.

Please keep in touch. I want to be like you when I "Grow Down".

Feeling great and eating right.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Ketodiva

Congratulations on losing 30 pounds in your first month. That is some going.

I totally agree with Lessara, your body is adjusting to such a large loss in a very short space of time. Keep on doing what you are doing and the pounds will begin to fall off again soon. If you have not done so already, do take your measurements, as these can change whilst your weight remains the same.

Great on getting into smaller trousers.

I've been low carbing for 20 months now and really love it. I'm here for the long haul with more than 70 pounds still to go.

Every success, your age is no barrier as many on this site are in their 40's and 50's.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 08:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/196/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Hi there!

I am impressed by your weight loss! I too hit stalls from time to time. I am in one now. Just keep on. I find that writing my menu's in my journal helps to keep me honest. and I can look back and see if I need to tweek my diet any. I just had to give myself a long talk about not journaling consistently. It really helps.

keep up the good work.

Nanci