Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 01:35

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Question Atkins products...

Anyone know what stores carry the Endulge Bars?

I know they cause stalls, but I still wanna try one. I just don't feel like buying it off the internet for 7.95 shipping for one bar..

And anyone try their bbq sauce? Wondering if its good er not..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 07:21

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Slim!

Do you have a Wallyworld (Wal-Mart) near you? All of them in my area carry a limited selection of the Atkins Endulge chocolate. Personally, I prefer the Pure DeLite bars if I'm going to have one (which is rarely now), but the Atkins peanut butter cups are quite good. Prices are generally cheaper at Wal-Mart than other places too. If you don't have a Wal-Mart around, you could check at GNC, but be prepared to pay top dollar. HTH
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 10:41
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Rite-Aid (a drug store chain) has an incredible selection of low carb and other bars, and low carb chocolate bars.

Beware: I decided to sample some last Sunday and they set me off on a three day carb fest!

Not worth it...definately not worth it!

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 12:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hey Slim, they were a MAJOR staller for me!! I just threw out a whole box. I have been eating one bar per day for about 2 weeks, and ended up gaining weight instead of losing. I also got rid of the Diet Cokes.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 13:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Cool Safeway!!!!!!!!

Hi well I live in washington the safeway here caries Endulge and also look for a low carb bar the name is called Ross they have choc-mint they are soo good 3.3 carbs or the whole bar .If its just once in great while they are a nice treat.Good Luck
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 13:56

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 157/147.5/138 Female 5 ft 6 1/2 in
BF:?/26%/24%
Progress: 50%
Default go with the delite bars

I've tried the Endulge bars and the Pure De-Lite bars. The De-lite bars are real Belgian chocolate and they are soooo much better - especially the dark chocolate! I'm not sure where you can buy them though, I order mine over the internet.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:47

Yep I got a Rite aid and Walmart... (dunno bout them other places you guys mentioned lol )

Walmarts cheaper so guess I'll try there. thanks.

And I know they cause stalls, but some guy was telling me they taste like a hershey bar... LOL which spiked my curiosity just a bit Eh I'll blame it on PMS cravings, since I'm 2 months LATE now. (nope not pregnant)
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/226/175
BF:
Progress: 62%

I love the Pure DeLite chocolate it was so good I felt guilty eatting it !!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 03:42
Registered Member

Stats: 227/184/135
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Beth...Maine

Hi Beth,
I see that you are from Maine ... me too. Where? I live in Albion (outside Waterville). Glad to know that Rite Aid in this part of the country carries Atkins products. I'll have to check it out. I have tried Walmart and they do have a limited amount . I get Endulge bars there for $.94 each. Can't beat that! I don't think they stall me out ... at least they haven't yet.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 12:41

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

Double posted by mistake
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 12:42

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

I know I was a long way from home but I bought a bar in Stop 'n Shop super store in Connecticut.

The thought of a chocolate bar got under my skin. The first hint of trouble began when I unwrapped the bar, expecting a chocolaty smell, my nose twitched at what I can only describe as an odour of burnt rubber.

Undaunted I took a bite.

Bleah! URGHHHH!, OH My God. Somebody has collected elephant droppings, mixed them up with some tyre shreads, and sprinkled it with cocoa powder. Absolutely delicious!

I hope you find a bar because it only takes one bite to cure you of wanting another.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 13:50

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Slim:

Why don't you just make your own chocolate bar? I've made Peanutbutter cups, Chocolate coconut cups, and Chocolate w/ almonds. I like all of these just fine..I haven't tried the Endulge bars nor have I tried the delite or any of the others, I just don't want to hearing that they make people run to the bathroom

RustPot:
EWWWW.....Burnt rubber & Elephant droppings...just two more reasons to never try them....But if you say they taste like Elephant droppings I'll take your word on it..... *laughing*

Candice
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 15:09
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi Teddi-4! I am currently living just outside of Machias. I used to live near Augusta though. Feel free to come talk to me in my journal--see journal icon at the bottom of my post. Also, there is a thread about a New England get together, if we can get our acts together sometime here .

Beth
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 21:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Candiflip
Slim:

Why don't you just make your own chocolate bar? I've made Peanutbutter cups, Chocolate coconut cups, and Chocolate w/ almonds. I like all of these just fine..I haven't tried the Endulge bars nor have I tried the delite or any of the others, I just don't want to hearing that they make people run to the bathroom

I was thinking of making my own, but the recipies I've seen are always full of products I don't already have, and/or they look like a pain in the.. to make

Got any easy recipies? lol