Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 15:35

Plan: nothing particular
Stats: 172/165/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Question I'm still not sure what carb number is correct

I understand that you are to use net carbs when counting carbohydrates. Can someone clarify for me - for instance the Atkins endulge bars say on the front of the box 2g net carbs, but when you look at nutrition facts on the back is says 17g of carbs per bar. The same with the subway sandwiches, it says 11g of carbs per Atkins sandwich, but when you look at the nutrition facts, it says 22g of carbs per sandwich. I have a "Dell" carb gram counter, which I have had for at least 18 years, and it has been well used over the years. This states that carb counting was rumoured to have started in the US Air Force Academy and limiting to 60 grams you will lose weight. I try to stay around the 50 mark and will lose weight. I talk to people on Atkins who say they stay around the 20 mark, considerably less than the 50 I do. Is Atkins counting different? If it was me I would use the nutrition fact carb count, not the number on the front of the Atkins bar box, which if you use the number onf the front of the box staying at 20 carbs would not be so bad. I have noticed the differences more lately what with counting carbs to be "in fashion" more these days. Again, I am somewhat confused, which is the right number and why the discrepancy? Is the Atkins plan have a different carb count that just counting carbs with nutritional facts? Thanks to anyone who can answer for me.
Sponsored Links