Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:31

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Lightbulb Organic Golden Flax Crackers

New startup family business in Waterloo, Indiana which has a real winner of a product, IMO.

They are making snack crackers in which the primary ingredient is organic golden flax seeds. They make them in six flavors. (I just received my sample pack yesterday afternoon.)

The flavors are Regular, Onion Garlic, Mexican Harvest, Italian Zest, Maple & Cinnamon, and Carob. All are low in carbs, and they have the great benefit of 9 or 10 grams of fiber per ounce, plus the Omega fatty oils, which are posted on each package, per ounce.

These crackers are not fried, or baked!! What they do is soak organic flax seeds, compress them into sheets, with added spices and flavorings, and then dehydrate them into a thin cracker form.

They have the added benifit of being entirely animal free so great for strict vegans. Not a subject that interests me, but very important to some folks.

The only drawback I see is that sodium content is pretty high. 270 to 380 mg per ounce, and of course the flavors I like best, such as Mexican and Onion Garlic are the highest in sodium. Pretty high in calories, too, like all snack crackers, but at least these are low carb calories!

Check them out on their website: http://www.foodsalive.com/

It is great to see some new, innovative products come on the market that take into account using whole, organic foods, rather than adapting the commecial frankenfood products that led to a nation of obesity in the first place.

Check them out, and give them a try. I sure hope they can make a success of their new business.
Sponsored Links