Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Carb Intercept Starch Neutralizer

So I found this ad in Prevention magazine for Natrol Carb Intercept.

Try Carb Intercept™ from Natrol. Carb Intercept™ features Phase 2™ Starch Neutralizer, the first nutritional ingredient that has been clinically and scientifically proven to neutralize the starch found in many foods such as potatoes, pasta and breads. Containing a proprietary formula featuring standardized bean extract, it helps to keep carbohydrates from turning to fat.

How Does Carb Intercept™ Work?

Carb Intercept™ is simple to use: Just take with a glass of water before a starch-containing meal. Carb Intercept™ will then "neutralize" the enzyme responsible for converting the starch into glucose (and fat), helping to reduce the absorption of starch calories and allow the carbs to pass through.*

Have you tried this? Would you? I heard that Metabolife is coming out with a similar product. Personally, I like the way I eat just fine, and don't see anything healthy about adding a bunch of junk starch back into my diet. It's probably a load of BS anyway, and I'm not willing to risk it! But I am curious.
Sponsored Links