Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 05:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Thursday, Feb. 26

Yikes! It's almost the end of February!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 05:22

BF:

OK. Here's the real story behind my user name.
Here in Maine, it's not unusual to see someone parked alongside the road selling something. So one day while DH and I were out, we noticed a guy by the side of the road selling winches out of the back of his pickup.

He had a sign, "Wenches for Sale." DH says me to me, "If they're bawdy, I'll take two!"

The rest is history.

PS: Did you guys notice I rank a steak now?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 06:27

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning!! I am so glad its almost the end of Feb-means spring is just that much closer!! Can't wait to get back on my horse-we train for endurance riding and I give him Jan-Feb off to just hang out and be a horse
I'm sure that he will be much happier with my weight this year-doesn't have to haul as much of me around. Also-started walking since last Aug. Had to start with only 15 mins very slowly but am now up to 30-40 mins at 3.5-4 mph. Would really like to get up to 3 miles jogging someday, but am taking it very slow.

Bawdy-I always wanted a nickname but I guess I am just too average to have anyone come up with anything for me. Yours is fun!

Well-off to the dentist for the second time this week with two different children. I'm sure the dentist was pleased when we signed up with 8 people with bad teeth.

Everyone please have a great day!!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 07:10

BF:

Eight, you can't find a nickname? How about Wissy Missy? You're from Wisconsin, after all! Or WisMiss?

#5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 08:04

BF:

I always wanted something fun and sassy-but one that I didn't have to come up with myself. I am actually from Utah-moved to Wisconsin in May 2000. We like it here a lot-will probably move back out west when DH retires (approx 20 years ) I would like to move where I could ride more of the year.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 08:52
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

( grr at explorer errors! I had this cute thing going to..LOL) Lets try this again...

Greetings from snowy Atlanta.. Winterwonderland out there and Jillie I can safely say has never seen snow before... she became this incredible bouncing machine.. she was a trip out there!

Actualy, once I got back in from her walk..I was feeling very refreshed, crisp.. and it is pretty..those poor little southern pines cant handle that weight... wish I had a camera..

WELL, my client just called, and wants to brave it out there.. I am going to go clean the car off and get it warmed up...

Have a great day!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 09:01

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all!! got a reality check yesterday at work when something was due the first week in march and we all were thinking it was a ways off, then realized it was NEXT WEEK!!!

eightc--so where did the name eightc come from?? unlike you, i am hopeing for a LONG winter. just got new skis and am not ready for the snow to go away yet!! good job on the walking. i also have a goal for running. i am almost there. i started like you and i am currently doing 30min and i walk5/run5/walk5/run5, to 30. every now and then i feel energetic and do 4/6, and 3/7. one of these days i will run, jog actually the whole 30 min.

bawdy--i have a funny story about selling stuff on the side of the road and rural maine. i have an uncle who lives in East Otisfield, on an old "Farm". it belonged to one of my great great something or anothers (The Nutting Family-i guess it is a pretty big name in that area) anyway, his son (my cousin-who i can't believe is in college!!! i used to change his diapers!!) decided to go to college in new york, in the city. he was walking down the street with one of his buddies and was in awe of all the "stuff" they were selling on the streets. his buddy asked him well, what kind of stuff do they sell on the side of the street where you are from..... he said well....corn and stuff!!!

okay, time to get to work!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 09:42

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning Yoga went well last night, felt much stronger and was able to hold some of the poses longer than last time.

Yesterday's menu:

B - 2 egg omlette w.3 oz ham 1 oz cheddar cheese 1 tsp butter (ate 2/3 of it), 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

S - 1/2 stuffed chicken breast from night before

L - tuna salad (3.5 oz tuna, 1 egg, 1.5 TBS combo of carb options and light miricle whip, green onion) 2 cups mixed salad greens w/2 TBS ceasar parmasan dressing, lime flavored water

S - 2 servings (2 oz) hot and spicy peanuts 44 oz diet pepsi

1 hour yoga

D - rotiserre chicken (leg, thigh, 1 slice of breast meat), 1.5 cups cauliflower/brocolli w/1 tsp butter

Dessert - 1/2 3 minute chocolate cake w/whipped cream ( I made it subbing WPI for the flaxmeal, it was very good and had a little different taste)
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 10:18

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

ellie-- is this the recipe??
Quote:
3 Minute Chocolate Breakfast Cake (serves 2)

2 Tbs. Flaxseed Meal fiber
2 Tbs. Almond Flour 1carb
1 Tbs. Cocoa 1 carb
1 Tbs. melted butter
2 Tbs. SF Davinci syrup 0 carbs ( I used chocloate flavor)
1 pkg. of Splenda 1 carb (I used a splash of liquid spenda 0 carbs)
1 egg .6 carbs

Mix meal and flour and cocoa in a bowl. Melt butter, and add
syrup and Splenda and egg..mix throughly..then add to dry
ingredients. Spray 2 large custard cups (I used 1 ramkin..add 10 seconds to cooking time) and evenly distribute batter..then place plastic wrap over the tops..and make a slit in the wrap..Microwave on high for one minute 10 seconds.

is flaxseed meal fiber the same as ground flaxseeds??
and is there anything i can sub for almond flour? whey protein powder perhaps?
and what was WPI that you subbed for the flax??

bawdy-- i was pretty excited when i became a steak also!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Thursday

Oh, Dawn, I am so jealous! You got the snow and it missed most of us here in Chattanooga! It is a winter wonderland on top of Lookout Mt. and Signal Mt., but those of us "down in the bowl" can just stand here and be mad looking at it up there! This is the second time this year this has happened! !! Heck!

Still trying lc/ww and doing pretty well so far, although it is a bit confusing! Thanks, Elaine for all the goodies you're sending!

Meg, still praying for you. Keep us updated!

Ellie, I have a new Yoga DVD (that I haven't looked at yet). Do you find that Yoga helps you stay toned and limber? What are the advantages in your opinion?

Renee, where are you? Hope there are no new "incidents" over your way! Did you get any snow?

Happy day to all!

KAT
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 10:57

BF:
Progress:

Michele - Yes, that is the recipe. Flaxmeal is just ground flaxseeds. The reason is says fiber is that flax is all fiber to the carbs net out to 0. I am not sure about the almond flour, maybe atkins bake mix would work. I love the taste that almond flour produces and it worth the investment to buy some if you can get. WPI is wheat protein isolate, a very low carb flour. I use this because I find it that mixed with almond flour it produces a really good texture to baked goods while lowering the carbs. Protein powder would probably work fine as well. It is a fairly flexible recipe.

Kat - I have only been doing yoga a short time but think it is wonderful. Benefits are strength and toning and just a good feeling. It is tough at first but you feel so good when you finish.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:15

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi all, been busy at work today.

You're welcome,Kat.Ellie, I sent you some WW points stuff too by email.

You guys sound like you're doing well. So glad it's snowing somewhere besides Philly!!!!!

Bawdy's a Steak-she gets to the meat of the issues that's why she's a project lead(ok ,that's why I don't make my living hosting a late night talk show, haha) ). Why do I feel Orang's Photoshop being turned on?????.

No exercise yesterday, hurt my shoulder just sitting at the computer yesterday. Yikes!! This AM I did some shoulder weight training, hope to do some aerobics this eve.Still within points and Fitday plan. Very bloaty today, took some Celebrex for the shoulder.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:20

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quick drive by, congrats to all that have lost this month. Way to go!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:29

BF:

acipenser-story of my name-DH and I and all six childrens' names all start with the letter "C". Technically I guess we should be ninec because we named the dog Connor
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 13:16

BF:
Progress:

Thank you Elaine, I will check my email when I get home.

To keep myself from eating things I shouldn't (peanuts) I went to commissary and bought myself slim jims, pepperoni, pork rinds, onion dip, sf gum, crystal light in the bottles and a 6 pack of diet rite.