Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/151/135 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 54%
Default Cheatfree days logo?

how do i put that "cheat free ** days" thing on my sig?

maybe that will keep me from cheating!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:08

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Go to your profile and put in (minus the stars) [IMG]*http://home.new.rr.com/kitanniweb/atkins/4.gif*[/IMG] only instead of the 4 put in whatever cheatfree day you are on. You have to go back and change it daily. Don't forget to click on save modifications.

Any questions? Just ask! The cheatfree symbol has actually kept me from cheating several times. Good luck!

P.S. You have to put it in exactly as shown (except the stars, of course) starting with the [IMG] and ending with [/IMG]

Last edited by Lori H : Mon, Nov-10-03 at 18:10.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:44

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

Where does the address go? I looked in my profile but have know idea where to plug it in.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 19:44

Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Judy,

Go to your 'profile', then click on 'signature' and paste in the link, making sure you change the number at the end, and remove the stars just like Lori said...

There is a 'preview signature' button so you can see what it looks like. You can also put smilies, pictures, messages etc in your signature... like mine below

Katt
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 19:52

BF:

Thanks Katt! I forgot to post that part. It took me several tries to get my logo in and I had to keep asking questions so if you have problems just tell us. Someone can help.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 19:56

BF:

Do I need to put the IMG in or is that an abbriviation I'm not familiar with? When I preview I just get the address.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 20:02

BF:

Yes, put it in exactly as shown. Don't leave out anything but the stars. Include the [ and all the // and everything. Thats what I was doing wrong, leaving out something and it wouldn't work. And yes, put in the IMG.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 20:03

BF:

Judy, everything looks great except add [IMG] at the beginning and [/IMG] at the end.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:02

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Here's an interesting question: What should I consider a cheat ???

I was attending an event and the food I could get there was limited. As a result, I ended up eating a few things not normally permitted on Atkins [namely Bread.] Normally, I'd call that a cheat...and normally that probably would have stalled me.

But, at the event I was at, I got ALOT of physical activity: 5378 kcal (13 hours) over 4 days. I lost 1" - 1 1/2" during those 4 days despite eating the Fruit and Bread. Would you consider that a cheat in light of the massive amount of Physical Activity ? I could have planned for that eventuality and brought enough LC Foods to feed myself. But, I hadn't expected to need to do that...

Last edited by cc48510 : Mon, Nov-10-03 at 21:07.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:48

BF:

Ok, I am still doing something wrong, but what? I tried leaving a space where the stars were and that did not work, then I tried without the space and still don't have it. Sorry to be so slow about this. I really appriciate your help. I have admired these symbols for weeks.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 22:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

maybe this will help:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141669

also maybe added a space between [IMG] and http address may help.. add space between http address and [/IMG]

also add a <return> space before the signature too...

hth,
korry
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:43

BF:

Judy, I honestly don't see anything wrong with what you've got posted...it looks just like mine. I went back and checked and mine doesn't have any spaces in between anything. You are going to profile, then going to signature right? And then you are clicking on save modifications at the bottom? I don't know what could be wrong. Anyone else got any ideas to help?
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc48510
Here's an interesting question: What should I consider a cheat ???

I was attending an event and the food I could get there was limited. As a result, I ended up eating a few things not normally permitted on Atkins [namely Bread.] Normally, I'd call that a cheat...and normally that probably would have stalled me.

But, at the event I was at, I got ALOT of physical activity: 5378 kcal (13 hours) over 4 days. I lost 1" - 1 1/2" during those 4 days despite eating the Fruit and Bread. Would you consider that a cheat in light of the massive amount of Physical Activity ? I could have planned for that eventuality and brought enough LC Foods to feed myself. But, I hadn't expected to need to do that...

I think people define "cheat" in different ways so I guess you have to decide what is a cheat for you. You have been on this WOL for several months so your carb allowance is probably a lot higher than someone starting out anyway. Fruit is allowed at the point you're at and you obviously didn't exceed what your body could handle or you wouldn't have lost weight. I don't think you need to count this as a cheat. Just my two cents...

You are doing great btw!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 10:09

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Judy, maybe for some reason it is not as simple as just typing in the [img] stuff. copy the URL and then go to your signature. Just above the sig. box are some icons--when you move the cursor over them one of them says "insert image"---click that. Then paste in the URL. Then click the button up and to the right with the red x that says "close all tags." THat will put the [/img] in. then preview. Hope it works! I've spend a lot of time on this myself!!!!! :-/
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 237/223.6/180 Male 70 inches
BF:33/24/12
Progress: 24%

The image is not showing up because of the underline under the letters.
retype the url with out the underline.

Last edited by kevjol : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 11:31.