Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool I am New and Ready to Rock!

This is what I've been doing for the last 14 years of my life. Spinning. I have been on every weight loss progam, pill, and exercise machine known to mankind. I've decided running is for me, but at almost 200 pounds and only 5'4", my knees are telling a different story.
I am dedicated and I AM a good woman. I don't deserve to constantly think about food and failures.
For the last couple of weeks, I have decided that I am done with counting calories, points, and the like. I already exercise and drink water, but I eat horribly. Carbohydrates are my best friends, my greatest lovers, and my way of life, but not anymore!
A good friend looked at an ordinary menu of mine and said, "You, my friend, are living to eat. The carbs are out of control."
I have been planning to do "something" for a while, but I didn't want to do anything that I've tried before. I read Atkins and a couple other resources, but found this was the simplest. Tomorrow is the day.
I think what pushed me over the edge was hearing my husband finally admit that he hasn't lost his sex drive, he's lost the drive to have sex with someone as large as I am. (I was always petite before marriage)
So, before doing a thing, I made sure to tell him, "I will never change for you and if you don't love and desire me for who I am, that truly is your problem. This weight is my problem. I will not ever lose it to be accepted by you or anyone!"
So, this is it. This is my journey. My name is Ann. I am over 30, a mother of two children, and ready to regain control or at least come to terms with what I have created. I am asking for a do over. I just hope to get a helping hand or two along the way. I'll need lots of advice!! I hope I came to the right place.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:07
Registered Member

Plan: Semi low carb
Stats: 70/68/58 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Welcome Ann

I know you will find lots of support and answers here. There is a great pool of knowledge here that can be trusted not to lead you astray.
Go up to the Introductions Forum and say hello to everyone, and read the Newbies forum, it is full of answers to alot of questions you didn't know you had.
I also recommend beginning a journal. There is a 'sticky' in the Introductions forum on how to do that. You may use it however you wish, but it works well for keeping track of daily menus and/or activities. (I keep my menus on Fitday.com so I use my journal differently.) My journal has turned into a personal thing, I vent, wahoo, and talk to myself in there. I consider it therapy (I'm sure others think I should seek a professional, LOL).
Good luck on your journey, soon you will be wondering how this Way of Eating could possibly be a diet, and it will become your Way of Life. Rock on......
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:26

Plan: LC
Stats: 180/179/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Welcome!!!
You go girl. Good luck to you. This is a great site where you will find mega amounts of info to help you.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:32

Stats: 147/138/125
BF:
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up ROCK ON ANN!!!

Welcome Ann ,
I'm new to this site and have already had help here. I've been on the Atkins for 2 weeks and have lost 9 pounds. The past three days have been a bust but today is the day I'm "getting back on track". You sound like a really STRONG woman with alot of determination! That's the way to be. I'm 35 with two children, one 7 and one almost 2. When I first started this plan, it was hard when "snack time" came around for the kids...but after a couple of days, that passed. I'm determined to get back on track...maybe we can do this together? Support is such an important part of this. Being able to scream--I WANT SOMETHING SWEET!!! and then someone letting you know WHY you don't want someting sweet is a big help...I know that you can do it...and I hope we can be there for each other along the way!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:36
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: ROCK ON ANN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by seashell
Welcome Ann ,
I'm new to this site and have already had help here. I've been on the Atkins for 2 weeks and have lost 9 pounds. The past three days have been a bust but today is the day I'm "getting back on track". You sound like a really STRONG woman with alot of determination! That's the way to be. I'm 35 with two children, one 7 and one almost 2. When I first started this plan, it was hard when "snack time" came around for the kids...but after a couple of days, that passed. I'm determined to get back on track...maybe we can do this together? Support is such an important part of this. Being able to scream--I WANT SOMETHING SWEET!!! and then someone letting you know WHY you don't want someting sweet is a big help...I know that you can do it...and I hope we can be there for each other along the way!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

I agree completely and would love to support one another!! Thank you so much for the offer and I'm new to this area, but will stick with it and introduce myself in one other so that I get get on top of the situation and everyone!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:38
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Welcome Ann

Quote:
Originally posted by kellcinn
I know you will find lots of support and answers here. There is a great pool of knowledge here that can be trusted not to lead you astray.
Go up to the Introductions Forum and say hello to everyone, and read the Newbies forum, it is full of answers to alot of questions you didn't know you had.
I also recommend beginning a journal. There is a 'sticky' in the Introductions forum on how to do that. You may use it however you wish, but it works well for keeping track of daily menus and/or activities. (I keep my menus on Fitday.com so I use my journal differently.) My journal has turned into a personal thing, I vent, wahoo, and talk to myself in there. I consider it therapy (I'm sure others think I should seek a professional, LOL).
Good luck on your journey, soon you will be wondering how this Way of Eating could possibly be a diet, and it will become your Way of Life. Rock on......

Hi, and thank you for the reply! I will definitely say hello at the Introductions Forum and read the Newbie space as well. Today is the day and I am ready!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 06:40
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Louloo
Welcome!!!
You go girl. Good luck to you. This is a great site where you will find mega amounts of info to help you.

Thank you for the luck! I'm still figuring out how you all have those cute sig lines!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 09:36

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up Welcome Ann

Welcome Ann

I am so glad that you told your husband up front that this was not for him rather for yourself!! You go girl!! And we will all be there to help you along the way!!

Sonja
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 13:26
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Welcome Ann

Quote:
Originally posted by Soinwi
Welcome Ann

I am so glad that you told your husband up front that this was not for him rather for yourself!! You go girl!! And we will all be there to help you along the way!!

Sonja

Thankyou, Sonja! I meant it when I told him. Today I kept thinking about his words, but I'm not using depression as an excuse to not follow this plan. When I AM thin, great joy will come from pusing him away!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 17:00

Stats: 267/261/200
BF:
Progress: 9%

Welcome Ann,
I'm pretty new too!

Keep Your Head Up!
Ladyboyd