Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 19:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.5/168/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default suggestion...

For years my weight has been like a yo yo going up and down. I'd find myself buying bigger clothes only for them to get baggy on me a few months later. I finally decided to just keep the cloths I have and when I get close to the weight I want, then buy myself a reward pair. Also, places like Sears have these great sales on jeans and things, my suggestion to anyone who is thinking about getting new clothes before they reach their goal, get jeans that are on clearance or on sale so that you won't feel you've waisted your money. I have this pair of black pants I bought at Old Navy, they are my inspiration for losing weight. I remember when I first wore them, how sexy I looked. They are in my sight every day and they keep me pushing towards my goal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 19:35
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Good suggestion! I have a little black dress that's my goal...last time I wore it (~6 years ago), my DH couldn't wait to get it off of me...

I've started shopping in thrift shops or on eBay. I don't want to spend much money until I'm at goal either.

Jeannie
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 08:07
Registered Member

Stats: 161/141/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I do the same thing. Walmart, clearance racks, places like TJ Maxx, but, most of all Ebay!! I am totally addicted and have been for years!!!

Carol
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 09:18
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

REmember thrist and charity stores as well. Many times there are great clothing in good condition at these stores from people who have lost or gained weight and gotten rid of the old ones. They are also great for baby clothes as I know my kids have things they have only worn once, or were to big so we put them in storage and when we got them out they were too small.

I like ROSS, but some of the prices are still expencive. I got the black pants and red sweater there that are in my "now" picture. That has become my favorite out fit becaus eI look good in it, plus it's nice being able to wear a Juniors outfit.

The problem I have with walmart are most of the things in the women's section are to big for me, while the girls things are still too small. Being short stinks at times
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 17:30
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

For myself, I was lucky, a lot of my size changes happened over the summer months. Shorts are cheap. I only bought one pair of jeans "just in case". I think I only wore them twice. Now I have fully restocked my clothes. Even if I lose more, I know I will still be able to wear my new sizes. AND we all have those days were nothing feels as good as a big baggy pair of jeans!

What I found even funnier, was I have to replace all my underclothes! I still have not gotten use to the size of them when I am doing the washing. They get confused with my teenage daughters!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 23:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/155/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'm a big fan of thrift store shopping.
I've had two complete turnarounds in my wardrobe in the past five months and I feel good every time I take my clothes to the women's shelter down the road. I know they need them and I feel good knowing they'll go to some woman who may not have seen anything in her size come in as donations. I also know that if they don't use them , they generally go to another agency that sells them to 'for profit' thrift stores.
Atleast that's how it goes around here...
I'm now officially out of pants that fit, and have lost a size even though I haven't lost much weight in the past month. (all that tae kwon doe is paying off!)
I'm looking forward to finding some new, smaller pants in a size I haven't worn since I was a teenager!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

OH GOD!!!!! I am addicted to thrift stores.
I live in South Florida, and my thrift store collects clothes from Palm Beach!!! So I'm wearing Banana Republic and Christian Dior for 99 cents! When I can no longer wear them, they get recycled, and i get more yummy clothes.. My wardrobe costs me about $30 a yr. LOLOLOL