Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 22:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Sweat

I've been working out more, and sweating more, and a bit more BO due to ketosis etc. My old deoderant just wasn't living up to the job. I went out and got that new Axe stuff. Smells good and it worked for about 2 days and today it was warmer out and it was like i didn't wear anyhting. Very bad day and I ended up washing numerous times at work. Anyways, to the point: While shoppign for deoderant a thought occured to me that the reason I have more BO is because I'm probably releasing ketones through sweat. Matching that though with anti-perspirants that make you hold in that sweat which I guess contains other chemicals that are actually bettter to be sweated out(?); I was wondering if using an anti-perspirant makes your urine ketone levels rise. They have to go out somewhere right?

Now i'm trying to think on whether I want to just cover up the smell and actually sweat that stuff out, or get an anti-perspirant stick. I picked up both types and I'll use that Axe on top anyways so no more smell but was wondering what other folks thought. I feel like i'm becoming a neo-hippie or something. Using non-animal tested burts bees non-anti-perspirant all natural good for you and nature deoderant. lol.

Sox
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 01:16

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default A Sticky Subject

Two recomendations:

1. Increase your water intake dramatically
2. Call your doctor's office and ask what they think.

I'm sure your co-workers appreciate your efforts!

~Annie-Pie~
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 02:34

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

It might be a bit girlie, but some brands of deoderant have wet wipes which are good for quick touch ups during the day. It actually wipes the sweat off, rather than just covering it up. You could probably find some which don't have a too overpowering scent?

Something else which might work is to scrub is a bit of baking soda into the sweatiest bits in the shower. It helps with non ketosis armpits.. might be worth a try?

I'd also up water intake as well, the more fluid you have in you the more anything that comes out will be diluted
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

This suggestion is also probably to feminine, but anyway

Try trimming or even shaving arm pit hair. The sweat can cling to the hair holding odars in. Also when applied directly to the skin more evenly, the deoderent may work better.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%

OOooh K. Guess this didn't come out right. I'm not a smelly person I can use like extreme sport deorderant in the morning, and after showering at the club and be fine. I was mainly just wondering about ketones and how sweating (or not) affects urine strips. EX Prob: registering very high levels of ketones due to not sweating them out. or the reverse.

Sox
-----------------
All variables must be accounted for.
||||
º¿º
/--\
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 10:33

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

heh.

You can tell what girls are more concerned about

I don't know. I figure that I only use anti persperant under my arms and I sweat from just about everyhere, so it shouldn't make too much difference. Hopefully

If it turns out it does, I guess I'll be joining you with the neo-hippy burt's bees deoderant