Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:26

Plan: Physician's
Stats: 280/257/150
BF:your kidding right
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up Positive attitude!

Thank you to all who replied. It's wonderful to have such quick response from definetly positive people!

I am sticking to the low cal wight loss (under 1000 was suggested I'm trying to stay under 600) only because I am atleast 150 lbs OVER WEIGHT !
I'm not a dieter, I haven't a clue really WHAT to do but I am exercising as much as possible with 3 small kids (only bicycling)
I can't seem to follow a diet plan and I don't want to have to measure out foods,buy packaged foods or make a FOOD just for me, I am already making dinner for my husband, and then adding kid friendly food and shoveling as much nutrition into my 8 month old too. Honestly, I am not hungry, if I was at all hungry I would be eating more. The fresh vegetables salad with low cal dressing is filling.
What are the best exercises, keeping in mind my knee surgery was 8 mnths ago and still gets sore & inflamed.

For anyone who wishes to pick me apart and give it to me straight. I appreciate it .

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...ner=my3cutypies
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 22:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hullo again 3cutypies,

I'd like to just point out to you again that this is a low carb support forum, so we cannot support you in following such an unhealthy diet.

There are folk here with more than 150lbs to lose. There are also folk here who have already lost more than that.

Let me reiterate: You are risking your health by following such an inadequate diet.

I am worried about you. Please do some reading and educate yourself a little before your health fails.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 22:53

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Greetings! I am a veteran of many different lo-fat diets, including the one you're on. Look at my weight and you'll see where it got me. I don't know what your particular situation is, so I hesitate to advise you; but I can recommend the books <I>Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, Protein Power,</I> and <I>The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet</I>. Gathering information is the best first step toward good health.

I wish you the best!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 12:50

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 190/184/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default cooking for others...

Hi, 3cutypies -
I read your post and noticed that you are concerned about having to cook differently for your kids/husband. That's what I love about this WOE - we don't have to!

I cook for everyone and their mother's uncle - my approach is to experiment with the great lo-carb recipes on this site as the "entree" and veggie heft up the meal for everyone else with those wicked side dishes (potatoes, rice, pasta, etc) ... as long as you have the self control to stay out of that stuff you are in business!

I always receive compliments on my cooking so it seems to be a success

Good luck!