Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 05:02

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Angry Guess that ketoland ran out of tickets for this week?

Well needless to say that all that training didnt to me quit any good, 51 sets total 2 times training yesterday and an hour walk with my girlfriend last night, negative ketosis.

I know that ketostix can mislead you sometimes but still they have always been quit acurate with me.

We are Wednesday if i am not in trace ketosis by tonight i will have to skip the weekend carb up.

Dont hate the game hate the player ( well i guess that i am the player and am to blame), too much experimenting with thoses damn popsicle.

I guess i still have some liver glycogen and have to empty it. I didnt quit end my carb up this Sunday at 11pm, on Monday, Tuesday i did have thoses low fat popsicles.

I would seem to have gained a pound also, this moring the scale is at 199 pounds, i did quit go down this week.

My trips to the bathroom have multiplied around 10 times a day so i cant say i am holding on to water?

I didnt use ALA this weekend so i cant really say nothing about the benefits of it, i might have add some fat spillover?

I add all the sign of ketosis yesterday felt a bit dizzy, like my blood sugar was low.

Ok hit the treadmill this moring and did some HIIT interval training a good 7 minutes, will go back a noon for my leg workout.

My girlfriend got here first comment yesterday by 2 guys she works with hey you lost weight, well when me tells here that she lost weight its just that but when some other its like ohhh cool, well at least she is motivated now.

Dont get me wrong here we have a great relationship me and here but its always when others tell you stuff that you belevie them and not the boyfriend that has been training for 17 years of is life and went true almost every diet out there.

THis weekend we plan to take it cool, work around the house so i might skip the carb up and if i am lucky and reach ketoland by tonight i will still have a whole week in ketosis.

If my friends come on Friday i will do the same thing has the other day, stay with meat and fats and skip desert.

Ha this humanity
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:24

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%

Don't let it bum you out about your girlfriend. No offense to my husband, but when he tells me I lost weight, it doesn't mean the same as when someone else tells me. He sees me everyday so the changes are less noticable. When someone else notices changes, it's much more motivating.

As for the carb-up, I'm in the same situation. I can't decide either if I should carb-up this weekend. Sorry I can't help you with that.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:35

Talking Thanks Misty

No i am not burned at all, if there is one thing i am sure is that my girlfriend loves me very much and she wouldnt fool around.

Well i think that every question we ask ourselves has the answer in it.

If i take be basic of this diet the main goal is to be in ketosis for at least 3 days a week, clearly i havent reach my goal for this week, i am still in a fatburning mode and want to burn fat, the best way would be to stay in ketosis so i guess that here is my answer.

I know its gonna be hard but i have done it before, who cares i add enough sweets and candy on the weekend so even if i do skip this weekend carb up and still do my 2 workouts on Monday and Tuesday and some aerobics i might be able to catch up on the fat burning i havent gotten from this week and maybe be able to burn even more next week since if i get into ketosis by tonight Wednesday and dont carb up til next Friday it will give me a full 8 days to visit ketoland.

I have to think that food is food and thats just that, damn you sugar damn you
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:38

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Realdeal. I empathize with you.. as I said in another post, I binged on mussels, but still am in ketosis (traces though).
I'll try not to postpone eating anymore... whoops. I'll take a break now to eat, it's 14:30, 30 mins late for my 1400 meal.

As for your girl friend.. it's simply because you're her best friend. She obviously has less trust in what you say than what others say.. perhaps you're the complimentary type and if so, she won't believe it.. when others, strangers, give compliments it must be true.
Don't take it personal. For me it's a bit similar, but then the other way round.. when my brother says I have a fat butt I don't believe him as he's a bit more critical than others.. however, most others don't criticize just give compliments.. as a friend you should do both.

Fietser, now taking her psychological hat off.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:49

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

you might want to try adding some intense cardio to try and empty the liver glycogen.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:51

Wink Well this moring i started with 7 minutes of intervals

I really hate cardio, i am not one to sit on the bike for one hour, but still i like doing intervals HIIT 30 second sprint and 1 minute jog.

I guess that adding some of these babies couple times a week wont hurt.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 07:18

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Re: Well this moring i started with 7 minutes of intervals

Quote:
Originally posted by realdeal
I really hate cardio, i am not one to sit on the bike for one hour, but still i like doing intervals HIIT 30 second sprint and 1 minute jog.

I guess that adding some of these babies couple times a week wont hurt.

You should try spinning, I find it more weight training than cardio... it really works on your quads and hamstrings, so it's an ideal combination.
I am doing it 2x/week (BFLer) and because my gym is at 9 miles where I have to cycle to, I go to the swimming pool once a week.. I may try aquajogging rather than regular swimming.. it will do the same as running, but not put any weight on my feet (sports physician told me to not put any weight on my feet by running or walking because of a nasty heel injury that still bothers me after 7 mo. because of ONE, just ONE skipping rope session).

Fietser
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 11:15

Angry Now if i cant find a ticket after that i am gonna be real mad

THis moring was the famous HIIT sessions that i did for 7 minutes, 30 second sprint and 1 minute running.

At noon i hit the legs with 10 sets of leg press, 5 sets of leg extension and 3 sets of squat ( gotta becarful my back is still a bit fragile and i dont want to injure it again.) now this give me 18 sets for legs ( they hurt) plus another 5 sets triceps pressdown.

I didnt wanna do to much for tricpes and didnt do any direct detloid work, i feel they got bashed enought yesterday.

I also took an extra dose of fatburner.

ok i better switch my mood now while we are on the subject of muscles it takes a lot less muscles to smile then to do an angry face. LOL
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 17:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

another angle is to not fill the liver up! Try to stay away from normal sugar on your carb ups. Stick with maltodextrin and dextrose for high GI and use basics like pasta and rice for low GI...
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 20:06

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

About the gf....dont take it personally. It is hard when you see someone all the time and you think that person "has" to say you look like you lost weight. I get excited when anyone gives me a compliment about losing weight, bf or not, but I could see how for some it might be more big of a deal coming from someone that doesnt see her all the time.

As far as ketostix, never used them and probably never will. I rely on my body and I can tell when i hit ketosis by my breath, pee, etc....
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 20:14

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Hey, RealDeal.....

You know, I think many of us believe that when a loved one gives us compliments that they're doing it because they love us and want to encourage us. Also, we also tend to think that loved ones are a bit biased, so when a compliment comes from someone who doesn't know you as much, live with you, have a relationship with you....well, it tends to be more noticeable because, well, they don't HAVE to say nice things to you. LOL. does that make any sense?

For instance, I could be 200lbs and my fiance will tell me I'm beautiful. Know how I know this? Because that's exactly what he did. And I know he really thought that.....but, he loves me. See what I mean? A complete stranger...well...probably wouldn't say a thing. Make sense?

As for the ketosis thing----I know what you're feeling. I'm refeeding right now and I SWEAR I'm gaining fat! I may not be, I don't know, but I'm BLOATED and my jeans are tighter. Deal is, I'm not eating but at maintenance or slightly above (less than 10%), and I KNOW it takes 3500cal above baseline to gain one pound of body fat.....but still.

I guess I'm trying to say don't let it get to your head. As Lyle says over and over again, stress can screw up your weight loss efforts faster than a few extra carbs will!

Also, I don't know how you're exercise schedule is, but I could never figure out why I wouldn't go back into ketosis for about 4-5 days after carbing up....until I told Lyle my activity/workout schedule and he pointed out that it didn't surprise him that I wasn't showing color on the ketostix: he said I wasn't taking in enough calories so my body was using ketones for fuel----I was burning them off basically. So don't sweat the darn ketostix....
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 03:54

Talking Thanks everyone for your replies

Thanks