Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 10:41

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%
Default one cheat with red wine

Hello!
well, I have been sticking to induction for 7 weeks and havent once cheated.

Last night I had a couple of glasses of red wine for my moms 60th birthday (how could I NOT have a glass or 2 with her??? )
to be honest, it tasted weird, my taste buds werent used to it at all, and it made me really realize how comfortable I am with the Atkins (love it actually!)

anyway, I guess I am wondering how hard this is on my body, to dump in the sudden dose of carb ladden sugar?... and I assume that I just continue on induction as usual, but what are the consequences? does it take 2 days to get into lipolysis again?

thanks for any feedback, love this site!
deze
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 12:03

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi Deze.......

Atkins says on page 181 of the most current version of DANDR:

Quote:
The body burns alcohol for fuel when alcohol is available. So when it's burning alcohol, your body will not burn fat. This does not stop fat loss, it postpones it....

If you have added alcohol to your regimen and suddenly stop losing weight, discontinue your alcohol intake.

So.....I guess the bottom line is (as usual), YMMV.

HTH
Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/194/185
BF:
Progress: 64%

AFter 3 weeks on induction, i too blew it with the alcohol. (thought i blew it) Was in Lake Tahoe and just got smashed, accidently of course. Was feeling guilty as could be, thought i'd gain 10 lbs. But went back into induction/OWL and 2 weeks later, i'd lost another 2 lbs. So, the binge didn't hurt that much. This doesn't give a license
to do it but it didn't hurt me much. Drink white wine, it has virtually no carbs. Of course drink a glass of water while drinking the wine, and the vitamin supplements too. i treat myself to a couple of drinks once every 2 weeks in celebration. 3 more weeks in OWL and i was 3 more lbs. down. This REALLY works! Bottoms up!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 16:12

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

thanks for the feedback!
good that I am still relatively ontrack... it was fun having a couple with my mom (she's awesome!)... but am I paying today... I dont so much feel an alcohol hangover, more just yucky... good to expereince this, I am sure it would be the same if I ate a bunch of other carbs... good to know how it really feels!

d