Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 17:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/145.5/140 Male 66 in
BF:11
Progress: 87%
Default Biking my butt off

I keep my riding stats on Bikejournal.com, but this will be where I talk about how the rides make me feel, how strong I feel or don't feel, stuff like that. As of this moment, I have 478 miles on the road this year. I have 3 bikes that see regular use. A touring bike, a new road road bike, and a classic old one that I got off Ebay and restored as a project last year. It;s too big for me, but it came out so well, that I keep it around. In fact, I rode it 46 miles yesterday and then gave it to Russell, in the bike club, who is earning extra college money by detailing bikes at $20 per, plus tips if so inclined

Today I took the tourer 19 miles up and down some local hills, about 500' of climb up and down, repeat, repeat... Well, some were less, say 250 - 300 ft. You get tired, it feels like the Alps. I don't have the heart pumper to work my legs to their full potential. I'm not sure why. Never smoked, just don't have it. I guess I should find a battery for the heart monitor and see what kind of pulse I am generating. Brisk headwinds today, and it was psychologically more tiring than it was actually a drag on the muscles. Also, it is more tiring to ride alone than with a partner. Today was solo. Steve across the street, young air force Msgt, fabulous shape, thin as all get out, says he may ride with me next week. He's never been on the road, but is willing to give it a try.
Sponsored Links