Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/235/170? Female 67 inches (5'7")
BF:
Progress: 14%
Talking Strawberries

OK, you all are the ONLY people I know that will appreciate my excitement over this... Normally, I'm not a big strawberry eater, but, I just have to tell you that I am eating strawberries w/ cream and Splenda right now... and I'm just about to pass out because they are so good!! I think I'm going to have to lick the bowl.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins, for allowing strawberries on your wonderful plan!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:08
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Mmmmm, my favorite dessert on this WOE is any kind of berries with whip cream!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:11

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

There's a recipe for single serving chocoate cake in one of the DANDR books that's to die for when it's topped with strawberries and whipped cream!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:38

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

CHYSMITH,

Can you post the single serving chocolate cake please,,,,,,,,,
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:42

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Molten Chocolate Cakes

This is from the white cover paperback DANDR with a last copyright date of 2002.

"These chocolatey delights are supposedto be soft in the center - so don't overbake them.
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 8 to 9 mins
4 servings

7 Tbs butter
Atkins Bake Mix for dusting (I use cocoa)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 Tbs Atkins Bake Mix
2 eggs, room temp.
2 egg yolks, room temp.
8 packets sugar supstitute (I use 4 pkts Splenda and 4 pkts Stevia)
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 375 F. Generously grease four 6-ounce custard cups with 1 Tbs butter and dust with bake mix (or cocoa). Place cups on a baking sheet.
2. Melt remaining 6 Tbs butter and chocolate in a double boiler (I just melt in the microwave). Remove from heat; cool. Stir in 1 Tbs bake mix. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. With an electric mixer on high, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar substitute and vanilla until almost firm peaks form, about 4 minutes (mine have never gotten very firm).
4. In three additions, fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Divide batter in cups.
5. Bake 8 to 9 minutes until toothpick inserted near edge comes out clean and inserted in center comes out coated with batter. Cool 3 minutes. Run knife around edge, turn upside down to release onto serving plates.
Serve immediately."
The book says the ECC is 5 carbs per serving, but that may depend on your individual ingrediants. The cake just oozes chocolate when you cut into it! I also don't eat all 4 servings at once so I cover and refridgerate the rest. Not as good cold because the choc. center firms up. but hey, it's chocolate!