Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 00:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/243/174
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default in a stall do the sticks still go purple?

ok I have wondered and wondered...but I just have to ask. Some peoples stories are scarry!!!! stalls and plateau? months and years and such....aaarrrrggghhh!!! that is some scarry stuff. but Dr atkins said that if the sticks are purple then you are loosing...so can anyone tell me if in a stall are your ketostix turning or are they negative for ketones??? I really need to know, I have been frightened nearly to chocolate cake!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 06:24
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Stalls and plateaus are a natural aspect of any weight-loss plan, LC or not. Your ability to ride them out will determine whether or not you succeed in reaching your ultimate goals. Besides, LC is a way of LIFE, not a diet....so you'll be eating this way whether you're losing weight or not. Our bodies simply don't let go of the weight in a steady and consistent fashion and the closer you get to goal, the more difficult it is as well. Knowing this ahead of time should be useful to you so that you can just say "Oh well!" when the scale doesn't move for 4 or 5 weeks. And believe me, it does happen to almost everyone at some point.

Yes, you can stall out while still being in ketosis. Ketosis means your burning fat for energy, not necessarily losing fat. OUr bodies sometimes fight very hard to hang on to the fat reserves they've worked so hard to make....so just be patient.... we're here to help!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/243/174
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default thanks for the info Teri

hi! I think I might be one of those head strong my way or the highway type people because right now the thought of stalling or platau ing causes me to have rebellion begin to rise up!

I have been on lots of diets and never had one but I was getting way more exercise. I am getting 20 minutes a day though. and if a stall tries to rear it's ugly head I will have all the helps from all my fellow lowcarbers on this board!

you guys are great!!!! and thanks so much for the support Teri, your post gives me hope that if it were to happen I could make it through ok.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 19:10
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

If you hit a stall, you just make sure you come right back here and let us talk you through it, ok? We'll hold your hand all the way through!! It's been done for me many times!