Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 21:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/151/120
BF:35%
Progress: -3%
Default Induction menu ideas

This may be crazy, but I am really struggling with my induction menus. I went to the Atkins site and printed off theirs off, but I am not ready to tackle 'zuchinni bread'! I was just wondering what other Atkins WOLers induction menus were. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome!
Oh yeah, is there anyway for me to type in my daily menus (here or other site), and find out exactly how many carbs I am eating? Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 22:12
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

www.fitday.com

You can tell how many carbs, cals and fat you are getting. It also helps to make sure your getting enough vitamins.

As for that induction menu, I never tried it. I would just pick foods form the approved list and try to mix and match them. My fav induction breakfast was an omlette with smoked salmon and feta cheese. I also like scrambled eggs with bacon crumbled in it, but trying to cut back on bacon.

Salads make a great lunch. Throw in some diced left over meat, or shreaded lunch meat, a couple of hard boiled eggs, some bacon crumbles, jimica, or what ever you please. A nice high fat dressing to top it off and it is terribly filling.

Dinner was usualy some meat and some steamed veggies. I also snack through out the day to be sure my energy levels stay up and I don't get hungry.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 22:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/162/125
BF:
Progress: 21%
Smile Induction menu

HI!
I'm almost at the end of two weeks and I am loving the slices meats from Costco. I just cut a few pieces and I'm ready to go. I like the smoked turkey for lunch, and the ham for breakfast with eggs and Jarlsberg cheese. I'm also enjoying picking a different brie cheese every week. The really creamy ones are just like ice cream. Wild, I know.
I use the bars also, when I'm hungry...I read the books all the time. Good luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 08:21

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default George Foreman Grill

If you have a George Foreman Grill you can grill your meats and take for lunch with a salad! I use my grill alot.

I love eggs so I have them almost every morning.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/151/120
BF:35%
Progress: -3%

I have a GF Grill, but all I use it for is beef and pork. My ckn always seems tough. Great idea though, I really need to use it more often! Thanks! I noticed you are getting close to your goal date. How is it coming?