Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 19:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/145/120
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Water probem...I'm sooo thirsty!

Hi! I'm fairly new at this but almost everything about low-carbing seems to be working just fine for me.

I've got one question though that I can't seem to find the answer for anywhere. I can't understand why I'm so extremely thirsty! Not too long ago, I'd be lucky to pour myself a glass of water once a month and now I can't seem to quench my thirst at all. This seems to have started shortly after I started following the Atkins diet.

Does anyone know if there's any relation between the diet and my constant need for water? Am I doing something wrong, maybe?

Who knows, maybe the positive side could be that I'm finally drinking water for a change!

Any suggestions anyone may have would be extremely appreciated. Gotta go now and get some more water! lol!

Thanks!
Kim
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 19:51

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hiyah Losing, and welcome to the board. Great to see another Ottawa face

Not sure about the new constant need part of the problem, but you should be drinking a minimum 64 oz a day (8 glasses) and then 8 oz for every 25 lbs you want to lose. It could be that because you flushed out so much excess water during the first few days you're feeling thirsty now. Drinking water is definitely good for you, specially if you're drinking it to the exclusion of other things like pop or coffee/ tea, so I wouldnt worry too much.

Keep an eye on things and if you're thirsty by all means drink up.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/145/120
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thanks, Nat!

I was just curious since this is so unusual for me. I've always got my water bottle near by and I'm drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water a day now.

I've noticed you replying to other people but never noticed that you were from Ottawa! What were the chances. That's great!

Thanks again,

Kim