Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 14:37

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Smaller meals and meal replacements

Hey there,

I've read in many places that one way to enhance weight loss is to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day instead of 3. However, I've found that this is a little inconvinient to prepare. So one article I was reading suggested meal replacements as an option to make it easier. Anyone try this? I know we have to be careful about bars and shakes because of the carb count...

Thanks,
Tam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 20:51
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Tammay -

It sounds to me like you've already answered your own question!

I think that WHENEVER possible, it's best to eat whole foods for your snacks, but a 1/2 a bar 2-3 times a week probably wouldn't be too bad. There are quite a few people, especially those who work out, that endulge in protein shakes. They are a great way to deliver the essential nutrients we're looking for.... I add flax oil, glutamine and psyllium to mine which I may not get in otherwise.

Does that help?