Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/147/147 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Reached my goal

Hello Everyone
I want to tell you and the whole world that in exactly one year I have reached my goal weight and I am really happy.
I want everyone to feel this good, so stick to the diet, as it really works. Thanks for being there, as this site has helped me lots. Now is the hard bit ...Keeping the wieght off BFN Leigh
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 02:38

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Default Congratulations

Hi Leigh

That is fantastic, 69 pounds gone in a year. Very well done. That will certainly inspire a lot of people. As you say, the hard bit begins now, keeping it off, but you know what not to eat a lot of now and I'm sure you do not want to go back to the old you.

#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 02:47

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Shouting more widely about your success

Hi Leigh

I've just had a thought. Why not share your success with everyone on this site and put a post in the success forum of the low carb support focus groups. Do you have any photos? We would love to see you and the difference this has made.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 03:38
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 145.5/145.5/117
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Fabulous!

This is wonderful...for all us deparate newbies struggling ~ week 3, PLEASE give us FIVE things we should always remember. I sometimes get really depressed...

when does the whoosh come; do you ever feel like eating desserts..what do you do then?? What is your carb count now? Whats a good upper limit???

Need all the emotional help...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 07:48

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

What a great day for you. If I were you I would be floating through the day.

I am grateful for the news too, as success stories always help. Struggle stories also help, so this site is brilliant.

What about trying to think of the 5 things that have kept you on track?

There are two that help me.

I am responsible for everything I eat, no one else.
(Carol Vorderman, I believe)

It does not matter what you weigh tomorrow, it is what you weigh next year that counts.
( I found this on a post, so thanks to whoever it was and sorry I can't give credit for the wisdom)
This helps me get over the impatience at slow weightloss. If you get downhearted at the thought that it may take a year to get to the weight you want to be, remember the year will pass anyway!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Congratulations

Well Done Leigh in reaching your target weight. I am so chuffed for you. I can only dream of what it must be like to reach target. You must feel soooooo proud of yourself.

Regards

Kenny
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 08:16
Registered Member

Stats: 250/240/110 Female 5ft 5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congratulations Leigh......!
You must be so happy for coming so far in one year....you are an inspiration! Please do share your story, pictures and tips with us...!

Reena
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 10:35

Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default well....

<font face=comic sans ms, size=5><b> CONGRATULATIONS!!!</b></font>
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 08:29

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default very well done......

..... to you Leigh
You look abs fab you really do I for one am sooooo very proud of you - Honestly Guys she looks fantastic, great and lovely and slim, really slim and happy.
Leigh you are such an inspiration to me for when I am stuck or in desperate need of inspiring - you are the one! CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND!!
Fi
XXXXX
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 13:21

BF:

wow ...I usually get an email to tell me if there is a reply to my posts which I have not had so I did not realise that all these were here. Thank you so much everyone, I am really touched by all your responses. I have had a bit of a think about 5 things.

1. This is not a diet. Its a different way of eating which I know I shall have to do for the rest of my life.

2. Do it for yourself and not because you just think you ought to or some one else thinks you should.

3 Be possitive. Tell yourself you can do it. Push those negative thoughts away. You dont need them.

4. Remind yourself why you want to lose weight and what the benefits are.

5. Try different recipes. So you dont get bored. (important one).

6. Have a wonderful friend (fine) and use this site for ideas and inspiration. You are not alone.

um i am getting into this..

7. Really acknowledge how much better you feel as you lose the weight and feel good about yourself.

I dont really miss puds as i make my own ice cream and moouse and have cream on them, what could be better.
The recipes on this way of eating are tasty and good i dont feel as though i am missing out. (Goulash, meatloaf, creamed cauliflower)
I hope that this is of help. I shall sort out a couple of pictures of myself and have a look on the success forum.
I have been having 20 carbs up to know. Not sure if i should increase daily carbs or I want to try sticking to 20 in the week and eating more at the weekend. Which is when I go out with friends. See how it goes.

Anyway thanks for your support let me know if I can help any of you. Take care Leigh
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 01:18

Stats: 329/290/154
BF:54%
Progress: 22%
Thumbs up Congrats

Leigh

Have just joined the forum and reading your great news will keep me on track for another few days...hopefully!!!!

Did you go to the gym as well as dieting? I'm losing (fairly slowly, as I have fallen off the wagon a few times!) but feel that my fat is getting soft and flabby (sorry I know that sounds disgusting). I hate exercise but if necessary will have to do.

Once again, many many congrats

Marzie

#12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 15:43

BF:

Hello Marzie
Thank you for your replie. Well I am not the sort of person to do lots of exercise. I find it hard to sick to the routine and I dont have much time or energy by the end of the day....being a single mum. Am more mobile now and can more easily take the kids swimming or I am going ice skating with a friend soon. Trying to be more active. Actually I have little wrinkles of skin on my stomach that could do with some toning. yuk. if you can exercise it is best to. Good luck. Leigh