Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 21:14

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question wow went to fitday

Hello went to fitday today to put my foods in

3 eggs scrammbled mix with nitratefree sugar free sausage
grilled fish 3-4 ozes
9 okra pods no added fat
5 ozs. beef roast
2 cups of salad topped with mushrooms and a few cucumber slices
dressing 1 carb

with just that it said i had 1115 in calories , 73 grams of fat, 15 carbs, 95 protein

Isnt that an alwful lot of fat to be having? sounds so high...
Just want to make sure... I figured my calories would be higher but I guess not... Help me tweek my diet if i need to please...

Thanks
Tammy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 22:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, modified
Stats: 195/175.5/140
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi Tammy, If you are still losing, then you are doing well. Your calories look a little on the low side. You need to consume 10-12 times your body wieght so as not to go into starvation mode and lose the metabolic edge you have while in ketosis. 15 grams of carbs and you will not be storing any of the dietary fat you are eating. Insulin is the fat storer hormone and 15 grams of carbs will prevent Insulin from storing the fat you are eating. 60 grams of fat a day is what the AMA guideline recomends, so 73 is not that far off, plus these are the guys touting the 300 grams of carbs a day that we all on this WOE know is WRONG!!! Your diet looks great to me!! Keep up the good work
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 09:21

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello all i forgot to add my salad dressing in the count in fitday so that will bring it up about 280 calories more... to a total close to 1400 and a few more fat grams...

I am very satisfied with the amout of food I do eat but will add an extra vegie during the day to bring it up some more...

I have come to a non loosing point in my diet But I am confident that it will start again real soooon... I am not giving up yet..

I set a goal and Im going to reach that goal.. I plan on looking nice in a takini this summer...

Thanks so much for your input....I will start looking more at what I eat and make sure I get more calories in.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 10:40

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

yea looks scary at first..LoL but the more fat...the more ketosis!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 11:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210//140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Tammy, I know exactly what you mean. I too, went to Fitday and was amazed how much fat I was taking in but I'm losing still and feeling great. When I first visited the site I did not take the amounts that I was supposed to and thought I was way out of whack but then realized that their portions are really high (one cup of salad dressing) wow! Now I'm recording every thing that I eat and it helps me when I go to the fridge for food because I know how many carbs I have left for the day. Keep up the good work, sounds like you are doing great. I'm a newbie too, WE CAN DO THIS!

Slim2none