Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/156/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Northern Ontario Hello:

Hello:

My husband and I have been LC since last January first and feel like we had to keep the whole LC thing quiet. There now seems to be a uprising of people within the last 6 month that are LC in our area or at least are talking about it. I thank heaven I had my DH to talk to, but it would be nice to have anyone else too trade, LCing product finds with. Lets say Northern Ontario starts at North Bay and not Barrie for interest sake.

Loribell (Englehart)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 220/165/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hi Loribell

Haven't been to Englehart in years. I was born in Matheson and then lived in Timmins for many years, moved the day after turning 18. That was many years ago. I have been in Vancouver since 1976. Good luck in finding lc products in your area. Every time I have visited Timmins I am amazed at the poor selection of food, we are truly blessed in Vancouver. My Aunt in Matheson says that at the local grocery store the only thing greener than the vegies is the meat. Yumm

Colleen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:23
Registered Member

Stats: 239/160.5/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Loribell,
I'ts nice to come across a fellow Northerner. I live in Sturgeon Falls which in case you don't know is 20 minutes east of North Bay. I'm not sure if you ever get to North Bay but there is a store there called Body Imagine that has been running radio ads claiming they stock Atkins products. I haven't had a chance to get in yet but will soon.
Try to stay warm in this never ending cold weather.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 08:15
Registered Member

Stats: 330/266/230 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 64%

I`m also a low-carber in Timmins. There are more and more people getting on the Low-Carb bandwaggon. We`re finally starting to see some LC products in a couple of different places. it`s about time. I still wish there were more.

Ren
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 14:01

Plan: undecided, need help
Stats: 202/176/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Hi To Ren in Timmins (and everyone else out there). I'm in Northern Quebec about 2.5 hours from Timmins and of course there is NOTHING here. I do however get to Timmins from time to time. Can you tell me where to go in Timmins for the best selection of LC products? Thanks!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 16:24
Registered Member

Stats: 330/266/230 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hello cilohtac3.

THere are a few places in Timmins. At the Timmins Square, there is GNC. Very expensive there, especially if you don't have a gold card. I got mine and paid it off many times over with my savings.

Also, on Cedar Street North, across from the Fire Hall is Mme Plouffe's Health Store. There is plenty of stuff there and at reasonable prices as well. Well worth a visit.

The A&P carries Carb Options products and most grocery stores carry low-carb bread and LC ice cream and ice cream bars.

You can pick up atkins advantage bars at YIGS, Walmart and also at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Good luck.

Ren
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 18:00

Plan: nutritionist guided
Stats: 280/180/160 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress:

Hey, everyone. My family is from Kirkland Lake. I was just up North in March. It's really tough finding good low carb choices there. Keep it up!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 00:14

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Sounds like some good retailing opportunities for you people!! Anyone thinking about setting up a little something?

There was someone on here that was buying and shipping via mailorder.....check out ISLANDGIRL and her webpage LowCarbCanada.com