Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 14:53

Plan: Atkins 06/01/03
Stats: 205/202/135 Female 64 inches
BF:NA/41.7/25%
Progress: 4%
Unhappy Weight Gain / Weight loss??

Please Respond

Has anybody taking Aciphex noticed a Stall or a slow weight loss or worst weight gain??

I was taking Prevacid but my doctor switched it to Aciphex and told me it was better than Prevacid. (for heartburn) The Side effects list weight loss or weight gain

I have been freaking out for the last couple of hrs after I read it.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 17:24
Registered Member

Plan: Restarted Atkins 07/27/04
Stats: 267/244/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Kranti, I don't know much about this stuff (I'm not taking any), but is Aciphex made by Eli Lilly? I ask because I think they make a product for digestive problems and it is supposed to help with weight. If this turns out to be a bust, perhaps you can ask your physician. It's something which starts with an "A." Sorry.. I'm not much help.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 17:37

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Default Dandr

I read that those symptom go away when you start this WOE. Me thinks unless you have some serious stuff going on, that low carb abolishes those nasty heartburn bugs. I haven't had heartburn since I came back on it 7/6/03.

Have you checked the boards for tips with this? I would suggest you eat more fats, extra virgin olive oil, butter, bacon. Try it. If that doesn't help you, then see if a side effect is weight gain and if it is, perhaps there is some homeopathic (lc) remedy. I guess baking soda is out of the question since you're taking prescription drugs.