Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 21:15

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%
Default Uggg....late night eating

I'm in the unfortunate position of being susceptible to weight gain if I eat after 6pm. I know this, yet I can't stop myself from eating at night!! Tonight, I had dinner at 4:30, but when I got home at 9pm, I had five slices of cheese and two plates of cabbage with low-carb dressing - pretty healthy choices, yet I know they'll show on the scale tomorrow!!

Any suggestions on distraction from food?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 22:01

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

don't worry about eating too late (just make sure you allow around an hour before sleeping)... it's optimal to split your big 3 meals into 6smaller meals (i eat 7 )... keeps the metabolism chugging along

another thing, don't bother checking your weight everyday... check it around once a week... the amount of water your body holds fluctuates very wildly especially if you've been eating salty foods or for women, TOM hehe... if you're following strictly low-carb and have a decent (not to much or not too little) calorie intake, then the time you eat doesn't really matter (just make sure you eat once every four hours)... oooor, you can drink a glass of water, wait 10minutes, and see if you're still hungry... cabbage and cheese won't cause any weightgain as long as you don't eat too much
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 22:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/217/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Supernova,

Unfortunately I have had the same experience....If I eat after 6 I tend to not lose as much....

What has worked for me is taking CLA around 8 p.m. with water....It helps to make you feel full and has been suggested on this diet....I also try to drink most of my water and/or green tea at night....if I keep at it I find I'm not hungry....

Besides all of the above - I've taken a rope and rope off the kitchen at night - in my mind I can't go in there...LOL....Sounds corney I know, but I've trained my mind to think "Closed" "No" etc....

Jacque
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 04:10

Plan: whatever the heck works
Stats: 169/138/120 Female 66 inches
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

Thanks, rice boi and Jacque

Jacque - what's CLA? A supplement?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 04:28

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I feel for you, I eat too late at night too. And my scale doesnt move much at all lately. So I just keep thinking.....steady improvement, slow steady improvement! Weight loss and keeping it off is a journey just like life. Take it one day at a time. I learn something new everyday and I try to improve my WOE everyday. We just gotta keep going and remember, it takes time to unlearn bad habits.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 05:53
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I notice that the only time of day I get that way is at night when watching tv.. That use to be the time I would drink alot of beer,uhg. Guess years of packin in the calories at night, my body misses it. Well too bad cause I will NEVER go back to that again. I had quit drinking months before starting this WOL.
I notice that now I drink alot of ice cold water at night. The more tired I get the worse the munchie feeling.. I need to make an earlier bedtime.

Angel