Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 09:37

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%
Default So there I was...reading dessert recipes

So far on Atkins I've been eating simple foods (I don't enjoy cooking or experiementing). I love cheesecake and was reading the different recipes on the dessert forum. Some of them sounded delicious, others made them and said they were great too.

As I was reading though, I realized that if I made one of those cheesecakes, and if it was delicious, that I would probably binge and eat the entire thing, lo carb or not.

What does that mean as far as my eating and my body type? I've been reading all the different books and never quite understand that whole insulin reaction process, carb addictions, etc.

I know that I'm not safe around a "so-called" safe lo-carb dessert at this time. Is this going to eventually backfire and send me on a carb binging feast? And how do we get to the point where we can safely eat something again? Maybe it's just a point of control. I drank that Margarita the other night, just one small one (lots of carbs though), but I didn't want a second, nor did I want sweets.

It's just that I don't understand why the thought of the lo-carb pumpkin cheesecake has made me want it enough to know I'd probaby eat it all.

Yea, I'm rambling....it's just that the realization is starting that this is a long road ahead of me, and temptations will always be there.
Sponsored Links