Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 21:30
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Discovery Channel Challenge

I am going to join the Discovery Challenge. I dont have quite all the info but you can go to the Discovery Challenge website to read up on it. Basically it starts Jan 10...weigh in day. There are DC stores where weigh ins will be held and you get some package but more importantly for me a 3 month membership to Ballys. I have spoken to several employees at the store and have been told that its on the up and up there are no "hidden charges". I have been on Atkins for 10 months and have had a good weight loss thus far. The area that I feel I need a lot of help in is exercise. I am dying to use the machines but have no idea how. I figure if I skulk around Ballys long enough someone is gonna show me exactly which exercises/duration I need to reach my ultimate goal. If anyone else is interested the weigh in is Jan 10 and please check out the website for yourself to see if its something you would be interested in joining.

By the way I certainly dont plan to follow any ridiculous low fat diet..my way is working like gangbusters for me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:27
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins (restart 1/5/04)
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I saw this on TV and think it's a great idea. Unfortunately, the closest Bally's to me is a 45 minute drive. There's no way I'd stick to a plan that requires that much travel just to exercise!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:30
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I've been thinking about that too if only to tell the camera, "and I did it on Atkins: Veggies, Berries and Meat rule!"
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 14:32
Busty McChacha

BF:

I am so excited about it. I cant wait. Its my sincere plan to be wahoooooooo fine after this 3 months! Maybe all of my bits and pieces will be lifted a few inches higher!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 11:36

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I waited in line for about an hour and a half. Not too bad. Officially signed up
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 16:59
Busty McChacha

BF:

Got to the mall at 10. I was amazed at the turnout. Unfortunately so was the store. I got a card telling me to come back at 2. When I got back at 2 the store was all out of packages. I had to give my name and address for a packet to be mailed to me. No one seemed to know exactly how long it would take. Oh well. I did get weighed. I had on jeans, sneakers, tshirt and courdoury jacket. Scale said 230. Which isnt bad. I was kind of afraid it would be much higher. The only scale I have been weighing on since I started this WOL has been my own bathroom scale. I just dont know what I would do if it turned out my scale was like 10 pounds off or something. Anyway I am still excited. I plan to continue eating the same way I have but to really really get moving on my exercise.