Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:56

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default wedding dress woes

Hey all. It's been a while. How is everone?

Well, I'm almost at my goal. I weighed myself this morning and I am 138 lbs. 235 to 138. Doing this diet is one of the coolest things I've ever done. I don't want to go on matienence. I am a little girl of only 5 foot 2 and I would like to get down to 115. Problem is, I just got my wedding gown. What a beauty! My wedding is in october and the dress will not be done till september! The saleswoman took my size and ordered a size 14 dress. (dresses run tiny!) It will be hard to make alterations in a months time. My mom who has been my number one support in this diet told me that after five pounds, i should go on matienence.

I don't want to do that. I like the way things are. I follow this diet pretty strictly and I work out often. I am actually enjoying this lifestyle and am not ready to stop loosing weight. I know this is a strange problem and I don't think there is any kind of solution but to stop after five pounds but I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 05:51

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Don't worry...

A month should be plenty of time to alter your dress......just make sure you go at the beginning of the month! Maybe you should go on maintenance for that month.........?

Congrats on your wedding!
-animaldoc
(married 10-7-00)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:05

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I agree with Animaldoc...a month is plenty of time to make alterations and these places are really quite used to having to do so. You'd be surprised how many brides gain or lose weight due to pre-wedding jitters and need to have that dress altered at the last minute. I'd say keep with it until your dress is ready...you should have at least one fitting before they completely finish it..and then go on maintainance until the wedding. You can always finish taking off those last few pounds after the happy event. Congrats!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 19:35

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default thanks

Thanks! That's what I plan to do. I'll keep with this diet because I'm not ready to stop. Wedding dresses can be altered in a month and thats just what has to happen. I am the queen of that day so what I say goes.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 20:00

Plan: Doctor's Prescribed Plan
Stats: 274/169/144 Female 5' 5"
BF:60%/42%/22%
Progress: 81%
Default You'll look great!

When I had my wedding dress fitted I went for two alterations. One was done about a month prior to the wedding and then another one that was one week prior to the wedding. This worked out great for me because I was in the middle of losing weight at the time.

(Of course...I got married and started cooking up a storm for the hubby and gained every last pound back...ugh!)

Good luck to you and I hope that your dress looks GREAT on you!