Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 00:39

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%
Default can't stop eating!!!

Ahhhhh! I can't stop eating... Yes, it is almost TOM (hopefully...) The macadamia nuts are the WORST. I want to get rid of them, but can't bear to throw food away. I even ate a little bit of this horribly gross lo-carb cheesecake. Now i'm eating tiny pickles.
The horror!
And the worst part is, I'm going to bed soon. I hate eating right before bed.
Is there any good lo-cal, lo-carb snack (besides celery) that anyone eats when they absolutely cannot stop themselves from snacking when they shouldn't??
Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 07:18

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Seems to me that you are approaching this problem in the wrong way.

Forget about lo-cal when taking action to satisfy a strong urge to eat more. Grab the most densely fat food you can find, and eat until your hunger urge is sated.

Pure butter is a good choice, and you will be amazed at how little you can eat before your hunger hot buttons are turned off in your brain. Eat it slowly, savor every tiny bit, and give it time to soak in while eating it. Chunky blue cheese dressing, or pure spoonfuls of heavy cream work pretty well also, but they have more carbs, and may take a little longer to reach satiation.

I am sure that pure lard would work well also, but I can't face eating a spoonful of pure lard, and especially not savoring each little taste of it. Butter tastes much, much better, and it takes only a little for your brain to say "STOP, that is all I want!"

Olive oil might be a candidate, if you like that taste better. Never tried that.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

i have a very hard time with nite time snacking....some days I feel like I could just eat everything in site! lol What I usually do is have a cup of hot cinnamon spice tea with cream and splenda....it's sweet, warm and kinda kills the craving!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:07
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

What used to really help me when I was in induction was to take a broccoli cauliflower mix with some colby jack cheese melted on top. There was just something in the mixof fiber from the veggies, as well as the fat and protien of the cheese that could fill me up when nothing else could.

Just try to snack healthy, grabbing whole foods not convience ones, and hang it out
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 10:46

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

Sometimes that kind of hunger signals an impending whoosh. Just trying to be an optimist!

Snacking on fat is a good way to satisy your body and increase fat-burning. Enjoy the food, and if every now and then you get a day or two of serious hunger, don't fight it. More than three days and I'd start to rein it in, but let your body get the calories it's looking for and see what it does. You'll probably be happy with the results, because letting yourself starve is not going to promote weight loss in the long run.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 12:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 253/247/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

My TOM is coming also and I had the major munchies. I was making up a new recipe.

First, I had a spoon of real peanut butter. Didn't fix things

Then, I made a special smoothie that fixed things.

5 strawberries and 3 tbs. splended smashed together with a drop of vanilla.
Then, 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped together for a few seconds.

I ate it right out of the mixing bowl, but if you freeze it I bet it would be ice cream.

It was great!

Nancy