Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 02:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%
Default Soy Milk? :confused:

Does anyone out there know what kind of "milk" one can drink while doin' the low carb? Unsweetened soy milk? I am new to the lifestyle and after induction I would like to try the new Keto frosted flakes. But what do I eat them with that won't mess up my carb count. Any posts would be helpful to this "newbie"! Thanks!

Flutterby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 05:41

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Belsoy makes a "No-Sugar Added" Soy Milk with 1g Net Carbs per Cup. I find it in Winn-Dixie, not in the milk refrigerator, but on one of the aisles (at the end) along with the other non-dairy milks.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 22:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Keto also makes a milk substitute that tastes almost exactly like fresh milk (not soy) when cold (don't heat it, yuck). It's called Keto Milk. Heck, they even make a Chocolate Milk powder

Also, many (most?) longtime low carbers mix cream and cold water, add a pinch of salt (and sometimes just a pinch of sweetener) and use that for milk, it works great.

Another option is Almond Milk. This has a milder flavour than Soy Milk and some great nutrients. Can often be found in the Health Food Store ready-made and I think there's a recipe or two in the Kitchen Forum, a great place to look around.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by IslandGirl : Sat, Apr-19-03 at 22:13.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 20:26

Thanks for the info, Island Girl! You were most helpful. I think I'll try the keto milk!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 12:27
Registered Member

Stats: 160/145/135
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default another option

Here's something else I stumbled onto that might work for you. I made an Atkins vanilla shake one morning with ice and only one scoop of shake mix and around 8 - 10 oz. of cold water. I sat it on the counter and went back a few minutes later to drink it. It tasted like milk -- not sweet and not watery. Since then, if I want milk, I like this option -- it's only one carb too.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 13:38

My search is over. I found a great milk. It's called soy slender and it's made with sucralose. I bought the chocolate and vanilla. It is yummy! It is 4 carbs and 3 is dietary fiber so it is 1 net carb per serving if you are doing Atkins. Yeah for me!