Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:09

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%
Talking Finally below 140

Today I finally hit below 140lbs, down to 139. That makes a total loss of 40lbs in 118 days. I just wanted to share some of my happiness & sucess with all of you; I know when I wasn't losing it was always so encouraging to read about others joys & acomplishments. I'm now only 4 lbs from my original goal, but am sad to say my original goal doesn't look like it's low enough now. So I'll keep at trying to lose even after reaching my goal. Thanks to everyone here for all the advice & support. I'm aiming to be a size 6 again in time for Sturgis in August, but even if I don't get there by August I'm not going to give up. I plan on sticking with this forever. I've never felt so good or lost so much without starving or doing other unhealthy things. My husband left for Utah on the 6th & won't be back for a couple of months, so I look forward to suprising him with a thinner more attractive wife when he returns. Good luck to all.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:12

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!

But remember that even when you hit goal you could never go back to the way you ate before - you will gain it all back - if not more. That is the mistake many make.

And yes hubby will be surprised!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:12

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

WOW Amy.....WTG That must be so exciting. Congrats on all your successes so far and I'm sure you'll make it to where you'd like to be.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:18
Registered Member

Plan: candida
Stats: 175/159/135 Female 65in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Unhappy happy

Congrats............I am very happy for you and myself since we have the same stats....for and I am looking for the same results......just started.....
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default WOW

That is incredible. You did an assume job. My goal is also to lose 40 lbs. I am down 10lbs and it's been 7 1/2 weeks. What did you do in the 4 months to have a steady loss? Did you stick to induction the whole time? Did you exercise? What and how long? Did you take vitamins? How much water did you consume? Great job but please do tell.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 10:54

Plan: Started Atkins 3/17/03 now CKD
Stats: 145/113/115 Female 65
BF:54%/21%/18%
Progress: 107%

Way to go AMYTN
I'm so happy for you And once you hit your goal, you can re-evaluate and make a new goal. Aren't those what goals are for

Good to see you again was wondering where you've been

I really appreciated all your advice on the supplements, and whether they are helping or not, don't know , but I'm down almost 10 lbs myself Now my problem is journaling. Haven't been very good at it lately, and I don't remember the last time I entered my food into my fitday journal NOT GOOD, but at least for now I haven't paid for it on the scale I guess since I eat the same stuff over and over, I've found it boring entering it into my fitday over and over again Guess that's why I'm looking for a good Low Carb cookbook

I've also found this board to be very helpful and supportive.

Congrats again And like Alina mentioned, remember once you've reached your goals, keep up with the LCing, or you'll gain it back
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:05
Registered Member

BF:
Cool pm

Amy TN......would you be interested in being my buddy??? Our stats are the same and I am thinking I am going to need a support shoulder. Pls PM me if you are interested. -
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:07

BF:

Rest assured I have no intention of going back to old habits once I'm thin. I've found Atkins not to be diet, but a WOE & more importantly a WOL. I do keep my carbs at Induction levels, around 20g, but I eat more variety than just the foods on the acceptable list. I'm quite content with the 20g & the foods I eat, so I felt no need to increase the carbs. I drink a minimum of 64 oz of water daily, usually more. I use supplements- Basic #3 (as my multi-vitamin), calcium (which is good for health overall & has been proven to aid in weight loss), green tea extract (a powerful antioxidant & weight loss aid + added energy), fiber (for obvious reasons & helps lower cholesterol), L-carnitine (aids the body in burning fat & repairing muscles), Co-Enzyme Q10 (aids fat burning & promotes heart health). L-carnitine & Co-Q10 are also recommended by Atkins to help boost metabolism. As far as exercise goes I stay active, walk daily (no set amount), & various other things. I don't however have a specific program I follow. I just keep moving. When I'm sitting watching TV, I sew which keeps my hand busy at least. I clean my house daily which burns calories & keeps things neat. I scrub my floors, no mopping. It burns more calories & gets the floors much cleaner. I do things the old fashioned hard way, which generally takes more energy. No big secrets. My weight loss hasn't been steady each week. Sometimes I don't lose for a week or two. Sometimes my weight even goes up a couple of pounds pre-TOM. Overall I just stick with it, & try to be patient. I also use prayer to keep me motivated & give me strength to stick with it when I want to give in or give up. I truly believe the power of prayer can help anyone overcome anything, no matter what faith. Thanks again for all your support & encouragement.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:16

BF:

Mbcs:
I tried to PM you, but it wouldn't let me, something about you have to post at least 25x's before you can receive PM's. I'd be more than happy to be your buddy & help in any way I can. If you want to PM me, & it will let you, feel free any time or add me to your buddy list. Otherwise keep posting, & I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:18
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy speed posting

Amy Lynne......your right PM is out until I post 25 timesss....so do I post like crazy???....my email me...mbseymour3day~aol.com
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:21

Stats: 181/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thank you

Gosh, I really like the support you get from here. I always walk away feeling good and with a lot of information that helps me through this process. I can't believe I stuck with it this long. But I have one more question AMYTN: Did you do strict Induction for the 4 months or did you add carbs back in? Did you ever cheat?

Thank you. Great job and keep it up I can't wait to be under 140!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:43

BF:

I didn't so much add carbs in , as much as more variety. I still keep carbs around 20g, but eat nuts, different veggies, berries etc... I have had 2 small cheats- no major binges. No one is perfect, especially not me. I ate a cookie on 2 different occassions, but then I got right back to it. The problem with cheats is some people give in more & more. The mindset, well I already messed up so I might as well mess up big time doesn't help. Don't beat yourself up, but don't continue to slide down that slippery slope. One bad decision doesn't mean the whole day is blown so binge.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 12:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default I am soooo jealous

Congrats to you on your weight loss. I sooooo look forward to the day that I am under 140 lbs. I now weigh 142.5 pounds and with my average of -3 lbs per month, Should be there soon.

Keep up the great work. Get ready to buy that little black dress.

Black57
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 12:21

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%
Default YAY

This morning I finally hit below 140 too!! I have been on Atkins for a little over 4 weeks. I am so happy I decided to do this as a WOE. Congratulations! YAY
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:47

Plan: Started Atkins 3/17/03 now CKD
Stats: 145/113/115 Female 65
BF:54%/21%/18%
Progress: 107%
Default Coolazchic

Hey Coolazchic,
We started Atkins the same day (3/17) and have similar stats/goal, but you're doing MUCH better than me
Just wanted to say hi to a fellow pieces