Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/200 Male 5"8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Reward Meal

I usually have my reward meal beyond 8 p.m. I started 5 days ago and I am packing on lbs I dont know how much becuz i refuse to weigh right now but I can tell from the fit of my pants. Does the time of my reward meal matter.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 17:45

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Does the time of my reward meal matter.
It may, but if you just started CAD five days ago, chances are you are retaining water because of glycogen or sodium—or both. Happened to me, too, but I'm starting to go back down.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 06:37

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

If you are eating your RM close to the same time every night it should not make a difference what time you eat it. Are you balancing your RM? Why don't you post a sample of what you are eating. Your CM's as well as your RM. It might be you are eating something that you should not be. What were you doing before CAD? Some people put on weight at first when they change from one plan to another. Make sure you drink at least 64 oz water or more. This will help to flush out the extra sodium.

Good Luck. I wish I could have been more help.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Not usually but earlier than 8 is better. You need at least three hours between the time you finished your RM and the time you go to sleep. Also if your RM is late and large, it presents further problems for optimum weight loss.