Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 13:29

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 176/173/130 Female 64 inches
BF:40/40/22
Progress: 7%
Red face Thanksgiving Cheats

Well despite my very best and honorable intentions, I folded yesterday and ate way too many carbs. I did avoid the corn casserole and the cherry pie with vanilla ice cream (very small pat on back), but I just couldn't bring myself to pass up the stuffing and the mashed potatoes and gravy. And yes the pumpkin pie with whipped cream. The worst damage was the I don't know how many glasses of wine I had over the course of the afternoon and evening. Oh well, it was one day, I am not going to carry any guilt I will just start fresh again today. (I really paid for it last night anyways, my stomach felt horrible and I couldn't get to sleep till about 2 am)

Today I am back on track and feeling so much better!

I will definitely have a better plan for Christmas dinner next month!!

How did you handle Thanksgiving?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 16:16
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Good job you passed up the cherry pie with ice cream so did I. I also had some small cheats. I couldn't resist the dressing but only had a small amount. Had some of the green bean casserole instead of the corn casserole, skipped the potatoes but did put a small amount of gravy on my dressing. Loaded down with turkey, no rolls and I made low carb pumpkin cheesecake which I ate to much of but I knew was low carb, so I ate it!! Only gained 1/2 pound so survived. Luckily Christmas will be better as 3 of us low carbing it!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 16:12

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 176/173/130 Female 64 inches
BF:40/40/22
Progress: 7%

Hi Donna, Your low carb pumpkin cheesecake sounds great. I will definitely make a low carb dessert for future holidays and gatherings. I was visiting friends for dinner and brought a number of veggie casseroles but was not thinking of dessert (I guess I thought I would pass...NOT!)
congrats on your steady progress. you are having great success!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 11:57

Plan: Minimal Crap (Atkinsish)
Stats: 170/137/140 Female Five feet, three inches
BF:
Progress: 110%

There are a lot of low-carbers in our family, and we only had one of my mother's sisters over for Thanksgiving.

The menu itself was small and everything on it was low-carb. We had plenty of food to go around... we just didn't have a million and two different kinds of foods.

For dessert we had low-carb pumpkin pie. This year was the first time in years I could eat pumpkin pie without gagging on it - it's kind of a relief to know that I finally got over that! (I ate pumpkin pie filling once when I was sick... I haven't been able to eat pumpkin pie now for years.)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:24

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

I brought a low-carb pumpkin pie and so of course had a piece of that. But I also had a small spoonful of mashed potatoes. It was a planned indulgence, though. Before LCing, I was a genius with mashed potatoes, and I'm very picky about them. Sadly (or not), the potatoes were a little old and therefore kind of grainy, and so even though they tasted good, they did not have the right texture. So I didn't even eat all of the 1/4 cup or so I put on my plate. I had also planned to have a roll, but they were store-bought, not homemade, so I didn't think it was worth it.

If I'm going to cheat, doggone it, it better be worth it.