Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 07:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/125/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Question craving sweets

Hi! I started the Atkins plan about two weeks ago and though i have no problem passing up the bread and chips I'm still craving sweets. My weight loss has not been that fast (only about 2 pounds in the 2 weeks i've been on it) but from what i've been reading on the forum thats because i'm eating the atkins bars and carb solutions candy bars.
What do you do for the sugar cravings?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 08:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Actually, your weight loss is right on track - you don't have a lot to lose and the average is 10% of the weight you need to lose in the first 2 weeks.
Check out the recipe section for Mock Danish. Easy to make and can be as sweet as you want it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 08:40

Stats: 130/125/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 33%

thanks for your reply! Maybe you can help me understand something, is it possible that i lost fat that would not reflect on the scale? Today i got into a pair of jeans that i wore about 5 pounds light
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 08:44
Too kinky for you

Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

Yup, it is possible! Especially if you've been exercising too... You could be putting on muscle mass while you lose fat.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 307.3/293.0/185 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam z
Hi! I started the Atkins plan about two weeks ago and though i have no problem passing up the bread and chips I'm still craving sweets. My weight loss has not been that fast (only about 2 pounds in the 2 weeks i've been on it) but from what i've been reading on the forum thats because i'm eating the atkins bars and carb solutions candy bars.
What do you do for the sugar cravings?

What I do is save some carbs. I am on my 8th day and really do not eat a lot of vegatables. instead. I save my carb for a small swig of fruit punch or just a taste of peanut butter. When I mean small I mean real small enough to just give me a taste. That passifies me enough.

But my sweet craving aren't really there anymore part becuase I went through detox before restarting atkins helped tremendously. I know it takes a while for the sugar cravings to leave. As it is not just a physical habit but a mental habit I found. As in behavior of like if I tired run down eat some sugar. mental programming. The other part is I am eating only meat pretty much. A salad here and there or some vegatables.

I would take away the bars and candy bars. It honestly just takes time and looking at when you are craving is it physical or mental. Where you trained when feeling bad or down to have comfort food int eh form of sweets? Where you trained that celebration meant sweets?

The one thing I realized is that I have control over my cravings.

One suggestion is train your craving for sweets to something else. Like your favorite deli meat (not honey ham ) But I was doing pepperoni and salami for my craving of a snack.

Good Luck,

Sacred
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:25

Stats: 200/???/120 Female 5' 3
BF:way/too/much!!
Progress: 0%

For my sweet cravings I have sugar free Jello (and sometimes heavy cream with it!) It's sweet, cold and good.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 20:50

Stats: 283/275/250 Male 5ft11
BF:
Progress:

I mentioned this in another post. My imitation cheesecakes. I buy some babybel (laughing cow) cheese in a miniwheel (the dipped in wax kind--not the triangle kind) and smear on some sugar free jam. Not too many calories, but it tastes just like cheesecake without the crust.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:54

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%

What I do for sweet cravings is to not have any thing sweet for at least 3-4 days, no immatation anything, no sweet & low, no splenda, no YUMMY protein bars.... nothing, by the 3rd day usually the cravings go away and I am satisfied by the taste of the food I eat.... and there is no stall involved in this method, eating the sf jello and such, has been the cause of many stalls.... but I will say everyones body responds differently. Just be aware!

later,