Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Angry Gained a pnd!!!

This is my 9th week on atkins I lost 17 pnds then the last four days the scale went up a pnd All I changed was I raised my calories with Mayo like was suggested.This week Im trying to keep my carbs below 15 as Im wondering if I mightve ecceded my CCL so Im cutting out dairy from today tell next tuesday to see if it helps.Im wondering where we get the high calorie idea at too Ive read both atkins books & he says if your not hungrey dont eat .The fat fast only allows 800-1000 cals a day Im thinking about doing it but I wanna make sure this is a true gain first I did great on this way of eating tell I added cream cheese a mayo they half to be the problem.I measure everything so I no I havnt done over & fit day says my digestable carbs are below 20 & have been the whole time with the exception of maybe one day when it was 25.I dont no just getting fustrated & Im not giving up!!!!!!My stomache is down from 45 inches to 44 inches over night but my waist went up to 40 inches from 38 Theres a few things im going to change in my diet instead of going high calorie Im going to try as low as I can without actually being in fat fast state.Also no more artificial sweetner at all or dairy products last week I cut out prosessed meats & a month ago caffeine.Ive been taking Co-enzyme Q10 since last friday & hope it helps..Sorry Im ranting just very discouraged..I'll let ya all no if the change helps get me going again...

ps.& I dont cheat I havnt cheated at all in 9 weeeks nothing in te illegal foods for me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

I know it can get frusterating when see the scale go up not down but I swear at some point it happens to everyone. I wouldnt do the fat fast yet. Maybe cutting out all dairy products for a week might do the trick, U may be intolerant to them. What about water. I drink 150 oz a day but some days I increase it to 200 oz.!! What about exercise?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:48

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Arrow

Melanie, before you go and change your WOE have a look through these threads:

Do you really expect all your progress to be losses?

Low caloric intake = lower metabolic rate

Fat is good

Eating to sustain your BMR

The Effects of yo-yo dieting

Is stress a staller?

Hopefully some of this will help you.
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:50

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

*sighs*

It is impossible to gain a pound over night unless you consumed a zillion and a half calories yesterday.

Your pound gain is only water. You drink 4 to 10 pounds of water a day....that is NOT including the food you ate. 1 gallon equals little over 8 pounds.

Try to relax and stay off the scale. If you do chose to weigh every single day, go for the averaging method to save your sanity.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:28

BF:

Thanx for the links nat!!

I am now drinking 4 liters a day but I half to admit over the weekend I was low.& yes I exersise just 3 xs a week with the other days doing yardwork or gardening..I waited 4 days before posting about gaining a pnd the scales been between 202 & 199 for 4 days now.I weigh in daily to keep myself on track so I dont add to much.After seeing others graphs I can see theres up s & downs not just downs..& I no I need more pateince.Dont get me wrong Im still going to keep my fat intake up I just dont think over 2000 calories is for me.But hey I could be wrong Im cutting out all dairy this week if nothing then next week I'll do the fat fast.God please let the woosh fairy visit me!!Bye thanxs
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 14:55

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi melanie,

I to have coem to a point where i am up a lbs or two but Dotn worry it will go down... I know Im retaining water over the last couple of days due to Tom on its way.. I would try cutting out some of the dairy some.. I had to cut my dairy back to about 1 oz of cream cheese and mabe oz of regular cheese.. It helped me. You are doing great.. Keep up the good work..

Tammy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 15:35

BF:

Hi Tammy,
I sure hope its just Tom for me!!!I have been pms ing so maybe thats it.When I looked back in my journal gotta remember to do that before I whine for now on anyways this happened before my last TOM too.So I hope thats it thanks for reminding me it could be TOM!! we can do it!!!!