Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What has your experience been with Prozac (or SSRIs) and low-carb weight loss?
Took Prozac and still lost successfully 4 66.67%
Took Prozac and did not lose or frustratingly slow loss 1 16.67%
Stopped taking Prozac and still couldn't lose 0 0%
Stopped taking Prozac and was able to lose normally 0 0%
Used a special strategy to help lose (i.e. supplement, add a new med) Explain below. 0 0%
Other - Please explain below 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:31
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default How has your experience with Prozac and weight loss been?

I thought I was doing ok at first taking Prozac and being on Atkins....but now I am extremely frustrated. I have been in a true stall (no inches or pounds lost) for over two months. I am feeling pretty hopeless.

I have searched the forums but I haven't been able to find any examples of people who have stopped taking Prozac and then lost successfully or who have lost 50+ pounds while taking Prozac. If you can tell me about your experiences it would help me to decide.

I have taken Prozac since 1995 for severe clinical depression. I have gained 80 pounds. I am currently taking 20 mg of Prozac per day and about a month ago, my doc added Wellbutrin (200 mg ~ 2x/day) to see if that would help me take off some weight. I feel like I will never be able to lose the weight. I have even heard anecdotally, that people can't lose the weight even if they stop taking Prozac.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by GrlyGrl : Fri, Aug-08-03 at 21:23.
Sponsored Links