Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 21:34
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/161/140 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Atkins bake mix

Can anyone explain to me why the Atkins bake mix tastes sooooo nasty when other things like the muffins taste soo good. I know there is no way that bake mix could be turned into those delicious muffins and where can I get a product to cook and bake with that doesn't taste like that mix does???????? thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 21:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/137/130 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 91%

I bought carbsense bake mix and it tastes great! Recipe on back of box for 1 carb cookies(they taste like a oatmeal cookie). The carbsense is lower cost than atkins also. Hope you can find it in your area
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 22:19
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I bought the Minicarb 0 carb bake mix, but havn't tried it yet. I was extreamly unimpressed by the ATkins bake mix.

In many recipes Vanilla Whey protien can be used in place of flour. Other recipes can have almond flour, or soy flour used. Those are much cheaper and easier then the specialty bake mixes.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/161/140 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 40%

thank you both I will look for 1 of those
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 16:39
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 236/127/130 Female 5'6
BF:98.7%/46.8%/36.8%/
Progress: 103%

okay it time you decioved the tuth about most of the atkins prodicts out there while the deit is great most of the stuff is pretty bad. there one or two things made by atkins that are on the okay but most of it is pretty bad
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%
Default I would tend to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauracat28
okay it time you decioved the tuth about most of the atkins prodicts out there while the deit is great most of the stuff is pretty bad. there one or two things made by atkins that are on the okay but most of it is pretty bad

I must say, a few years ago when I first attempted this WOE, the only available items were Atkins - and they were so nasty that my family couldn't tolerate them.

Now there are selections, and people have developed substitute recipes for the Atkins Bake Mix, etc., that it is a much more user-friendly option.

Even some of the recipes on the site (for example, the Blueberry Scones) are so totally nasty that the only reason I ate them is because I hated to waste the ingredients.

Must say that the lemon mousse was really good, though. Perhaps it is based on when the recipe was developed - if it is an "old" one - it's not fit to eat.

Thankfully, there are so many imaginative people out there, I've been able to collect a vast array of recipes, and don't have to rely exclusively on the Dr's inventions.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 12:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I've tried the 0 carb bake mix by carbsense. It worked out great as a breadding
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 14:56

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

I could not agree more, A few years back I had tried the atkins bake mix, (I threw it out!) Then just last week I bought some more, I had figured that by now they would of changed it, WRONG! Carbsense has been the best that I have tried so far!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:18

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

I don't know all, but I think it all tastes like cardboard and I just can't waste any more money on all that stuff -seems eating natural foods is the tastiest, but everyone is different.