Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 03:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default My special belt

My daughter bought me a belt for mothers day. It is the only belt I have because weighing 233lbs. who need one. I was so worried because she bought me a large and I had nothing that said large, only bigger sizes. I was worried that it wouldnt fit and I wouldnt be able to wear it and then I knew she would be disappointed, she is only 9. To my surprise I put that belt on and it fit. On the first notch but it fit. Now that special belt is on the 4th notch. I was so excited when I put it on yesterday and had to move it up another notch. I had been measureing but the tape measure always said the same thing. I guess I hadnt been measuring in the same place all the time. Anyway, I just wanted to share my happiness.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 04:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 323/291.8/220 Male 77
BF:34.0
Progress: 30%

Nice job Stacy

Isn't it awesome when you have an accomplishment like that. Great job!! We are proud of you. Keep up the good work !
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 04:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 191/136/135
BF:
Progress: 98%

Yeah, fantastic! Next goal: next hole!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 04:30

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Congratulations Stacy

That belt is a real good measure for you. Well done. I'm sure that has inspired you. Now onto the 5th notch.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 04:54

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I also have a problem with the tape measurer , I don't think I do it exactly right either. Maybe I will just go dig up some belt or something and measure by that.

Great job , Stacy.

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 06:53

BF:

Thanks toyou all for sharing my excitement. I forgot to add that on june 21st I was barely within reach of the 3rd hole, it was very tight. Now the 4th hole is very comfortable and you are right it does encourage me to move on to hole #5.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 07:05

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

The belt is a great tool to measure with! People think I am crazy but I won't buy another belt......at least not right now. My mom got tired of looking at my old one and bought me one, but I have no desire to wear it. I love my belt because I know when I first got it I started on the very outer hole. Now I have taken a knife and had to make 5 extra holes since then. When I finally reach goal weight I will start wearing a belt that fits me better, but will always save my belt with all the extra holes as a reminder
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 07:27

BF:

mrschmelz
I think that is how I will be. My daughter picked this out herself and it was the first time she had got to do that for mothers day. Always before my DH would pick something out for her and say it was from them. If I get a new belt it will be made different and sized different.
Congrats to you for taking the knife and putting new life into your belt.