Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/120
BF:
Progress:
Default Pentabosol

Hi everybody!

This morning I saw an informercial for "Pentabosol" Well it really got my attention. Here are the basics

This is a dietary supplement that is supposed to:

1. helps lower triglycerides & cholesterol
2. twice as efffective as perscription drugs
3. enhances the fat burning process while you sleep

This product was developed and tested by the famed DR. EADES!They were on the infomercial - and claimed this product was more stringently tested than some perscription drugs. HHHMMMM!! With NO side effects.

The powder supplement is mixed with water (approx 6 oz. ?) and taken in the morning and before bedtime . It is supposed to have a lemonade flavor.

Has anybody tried this product? Are you taking this in addition to other supplements? What are your thoughts?? Is it worth buying? I know there is not a miracle pill out there, however the Eades development & endorsement of this product really got my attention.

Thanks to all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:51

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I think people on the Eade's BB have discussed it at length (haven't lurked there in nearly a year tho!)--as I recall, the long-term LCers didn't think it did work. The newbies were amazed at their quick loss, and of course had no idea what was causing it (probably just LCing and that quick initial loss of water that we get). Pentabosol is expensive, also.

I have some respect for the LC docs who brought us this way of life...but they're also all clearly in it for the profit. They've made a good deal of money off the books and their clinics. I get a bit ticked off when they then need to maximize their profits by hinting at a miracle pill that they sell--vitamins for Atkins, this stuff for Eades. If an independent panel tested it and found that it sped weight loss, I'd like to hear about it--but that's unlikely to happen. Do let me know if you see a truly independent analysis of the stuff.

I lose about 2 pounds a month on average now...I figure anyone doing better than I is doing GREAT (lol) and is losing at the optimal rate for them. For me, the miracle is in eating real, unprocessed food, eating to satiety, and still being able to lose weight; the miracle is also in finding a way to eat that I can stay with permanently so that I finally don't regain the same 50 pounds yet again!

I've probably spent $500 on supplements that all promised a minor miracle aid to weight loss or muscle building, and none of them delivered. Being overweight is so unpleasant, we want to hear good news about curing it...but there is no cure. There's only permanent lifestyle change, hard work, and slow results.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/120
BF:
Progress:

Dear Razzle

Thanks for the quick reply!! I also posted on the eatprotein website. I'm still not very good at cruising all the different boards - however I did try to find the product there and didn't see anything.

I too have spent a small fortune of different supplements & excercise equipment. I am still holding fast to all my weight - my own fault.... fell off the wagon too many times, got frustrated etc. I recently went from DR. A to PP - and it appears - IMHO that the body is changing (very SLOWLY) - but the scale has not budged! I'm okay with that - any change( in the right direction) is good!!

Congratulations on the 2 lbs per month.!!!!

OOOPPPSSSS!!! - The kind folks on PP board told me how to do the search correctly & - WOW did I get a quick education!!! I found out most of the folks there are not happy with the product. HHHHMMMMM!! Live & Learn

Thought for the day:
Turtles are the only animals (that I know of) that stick their necks out to get ahead!! Also - bees - from an aerodynamic point of view should not be able to fly

Last edited by greenildy : Tue, Apr-02-02 at 15:08.