Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Well done Fiona!!!

I'd have loved to see the look on his face...!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:23
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 164/164/150 Female 64
BF:164/164/150
Progress: 0%
Default I told my doctor

It is a month since I was at the doctors last when he took blood test. I was haveing bad migrain, at least two a week. Well since starting atkins I have had only one (last night bummer). My blood pressure is kept at normal with medication, so it is not strickly true to say I have high pb.My tyroid is normal on 100mg of tyroxine and day, so I do not have under active tyroid!!!. My cholestoral is 5.5 not bad he says,and I take one asprine a day.So after all that he put all the information in his computer and I have a 3% chance of haveing any majore problems over the next ten years. He remarked on my weight (the last time I was there he weighed me)12st 12lb.Now I am 12st 4lb on his scales well done he said "low fat is it " NO I said ATKINS!!!!!!!!!!
OH WELL what can I say, He said as soon as you loose all the weight you want start eating normally again. This is normal I said and I am going to stick with it for life.
NAR NAR NA NAR NA
fiona
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/209/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:39%/34.6%/24%
Progress: 18%

Good for you, Fiona! And why do they always assume we are going to "gain it all back" and start eating all those horrible things again???