Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 12:13

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default 1st Challenge Almost Over...next step?

Just looking for some advice: I just finished week 10, so I only have two weeks to go and I'm trying to decide what my next move will be.

1) I'd like to get closer to my goal weight before I start another challenge, but I also want to maintain as much of the muscle that I gained as I can (so far about 5.5 pounds). Should I keep lifting and just lower the weights and increase the reps to keep toned, but stop building or should I stop lifting? My carb level is 35-60 right now. Can I go back to Intervention Phase I levels and still exercise? And where does cardio fit into this scheme? I figure I can I still do HIIT for 20 minutes on 20-30 carbs...

2) Goal Weight : When I first started my goal weight range (according to PP's hip/waist/height body fat calculations and weight) was 134-141 pounds for 18-22% body fat. Now, those same calculations give me a new ideal weight range of 150-158 based on the same 18-22% body fat. However, the body fat percentages from PP's calculation tables are much higher than the ones I get when I enter similar information into the CKD site's calculator, so the calcs based on CKD for ideal weight were 161-170 before BFL and 170-178 after (18-22% BF). How can I actually find a good weight range for me when the BF calculators are so disparate?

I love BFL, but I have not lost any scale weight since I started and I'd like to get rid of some more fat before I start the next challenge. I don't need to be "at goal" body fat or weight by August, but I'd like to be close. My body just doesn't seem willing to let the fat go while it's building muscle - I lose and gain at about the same rate. Suggestions...?

Last edited by DivaDani : Mon, Feb-18-02 at 12:20.
Sponsored Links