Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 06:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/159/140
BF:31%
Progress: 75%
Default Can I join in on the fun??

I'm new to this board, but not to LCing. Have lost 55 lbs so far mostly following Atkin's. My house is carb-free and has been since I started. DH is also doing with me, but struggling due to the fact that his mom has cancer and just hasn't been able to hang in there with me like he'd like to. I love to try new recipes and have a lot, so if you're looking for something, I just might have it. Hope everyone has a great LC day. And Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:19

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome! Sure join in the fun!

Sorry to hear about your husbands mother. You might want to tell him that there are some studies that show that sugar feeds cancer cells, so as a precaution, it would be a good thing for him to give up.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:25
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your losses so far!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 204/175/120
BF:
Progress: 35%
Smile welcome

hello there and welcome to this great board-it has been great for me -but I don't have enough hours in the day to read all the posts that I want to read! We are always looking for a new recipe-especially sweet stuff-legal sweet stuff that is-I'm looking for popsicle ideas if you have any.
My Dad died from the cancer the morning my last son was born-I have lots of good, loving memories, tell your dh to ask his mother anything he wants to know about -now -each day is precious and pray, God is always listening,read His word-it is the greatest comfort in your time of need.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:39

Stats: 215/159/140
BF:31%
Progress: 75%
Default Popsicle recipe

Aprilann,
thanks for the warm welcome. Someone just gave me this recipe from another board. I haven't tried it yet. The guar gum is supposed to not cause crystallization. Let me know what you think. I'm trying to figure out how to make banana popsicle with SF Davinci's syrup---banana is my favorite popsicle flavor.

Popsicles

2 cups water
1.5 tsp Guar Gum
1 pkg Kool Aid
1/2 tsp beverage concentrate to match Kool Aid(or use another half pkg of Kool Aid)
Sweetener to taste
1 TBL glycerine if desired

Mix guar gum with a whisk into cold water. When absorbed, add remaining ingredients. Pour into molds and freeze. Yummy.