Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 01:12
Registered Member

Plan: ATkins
Stats: 230/211/155
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Tomorrow's the big day!!!

I'm starting Atkins in earnest tomorrow morning. I've already set up my journal....y'all stop by and visit, now ya hear!

Seriously, I did post a typical day's menu over there and would really appreciate some of you who have been successful telling me if I'm doing ok for induction. I do need to drink more water, I know that much, but I wanted to know if my foods seemed properly balanced as well.

I'm really looking forward to feeling better, being healthier, and being able to play with my kids. My first short-term goal is to drop below 200. I've hung up a pair of jeans on the towel bar over my scales that I want to get back into short-term. They are size 16 and were loose (ok....so they probably fit just right ) about 2 years ago.

I really like like the commoradery and support that I see on this site and wish you all a very successful low-carb life!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 01:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18

I looked for your journal but I can't find it...

Good luck with you plan! Your first few days of induction might be a bit hard, but when it gets better it's great!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: ATkins
Stats: 230/211/155
BF:
Default Hi Catspaw

Hmmm....I just came from my journal. It's in the Bootcamp board......under the T's....thininside. Have another go at it.

I've been kinda-sorta low-carbing for a few weeks now, so I am hoping the induction period will go well for me, i.e. no major withdrawals, etc. I know with God's help and the support of the people on this board that I can do it......we ALL can do it!

Thanks for replying to my post, and try to find my journal again as that is probably where I will do most of my posting as my internet time is fairly limited by my work and kids.

Have a wonderful LC day!