Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/285/240 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:
Default Need advice on stall

I've been stalled at the same weight for about 6 weeks now. I'm still doing induction but my body is refusing to budge off its current weight. I've started exercising within the last week, the only thing I am doing differently, but still no scale movement. I'm not losing any inches either. I've read in the Atkins book that sometimes your body gets to a comfortable weight and stalls. Any advice?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:27

Stats: 264.0/146/139 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 94%

I have stalled too. Not one pound since Christmas Day. But, I have faith since I lost 40 pounds in the first two months, I think my body is just trying to catch up with me. I think I am still losing inches, my clothes seem to be more roomy. But, this stalling is a BUMMER!! Hang in there with me.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:30

BF:
Progress:

I hear you! I lost 37 pounds in 3 1/2 months so I know it is possible to lose the weight I just can't figure out what is wrong.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:43

Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Me TOO!!!! I have not lost any weight since the beginning of December, HELLO!!!!! That is almost two months and I am getting sooooo discouraged.
I thought maybe I should go back on induction, two weeks and not an ounce budged. I thought I would try the Fitday website and see if my counting is off. But I do not understand how to work the site if I just want to add in, say a Hardee's lc burger. I don't have all of the nutritional values to enter and it is time consuming to find the website and print off the material and then enter it in. Am I missing something on the website that has this information? I found the Fast Food option but it does not let you take away the bun and condiments. I know I hear people singing the praises of Fitday but I don't get it! I thought I was really computer savvy! ha Is there a tutorial on how to use it?
Sign me, Help the stalled chick in MN
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 08:46
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Sometimes the key is upping your carbs up a bit. Try adding in an extra 5 for a week, and vary your food options.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/185/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 62%

Have you tried any supplements such as atkins accel or dieters advantage? I have heard that it can sometimes help in a stall or maybe taking chormium and l-carnitine may help.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 09:40

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I've been on L-Carnitine for months now.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:21
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

What do your typical menus look like? Have you added LC products that can stall some people? Are you drinking all your water and watching for hidden carbs? Are you eating too little, especially since you added in exercise?

Post a few of your typical menus here for others to help. Also if you havn't already, get an account at www.fitday.com then share that as well
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/203/168 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default up the metab

your metabolism has probably flat lined.

This one is tough, it works , trust me,

1)go for a pre-breakfast gentle jog, or cycle ride, or workout, doesnt have to be ball breaking, just 20 to 30 mins. Just hydrate properly. This will give the whole metabolism a real turbo boost, and you are for sure going to be burning bodyfat, give it a try...(yeah I know its a tough one, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet!)

2) add spices to your foods more often, chillis for example, know to raise metab

3)eat smaller 5 to 6 meals /day. This again can help metab