Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Question Can I continue into 3 weeks of induction?.

Well, my two weeks are done. However, in a usual pattern of weight problems, while I had lost 6.5 lbs by Saturday, by yesterday the scale showed I had gained 3.5 and then lost one again this morning, so I'm down to a total loss of 4.5 lbs.

Checking on fitday, I've been relatively consistent in number of calories, fat, proteins, carbs, and activities burning more calories than what I take in.

Yet, I can't understand this weight roller-coaster.

As if that's not enough, I seem to be on and off ketosis, depending on time of day, or every other day, or whatever.

I thought this pattern had changed recently, but noooo!

Would it make sense for me to do another week or so of the carb-below-20 induction? I'm not hungry and even had to force myself to eat some bacon this morning.

I've had a cold and a few nights ago had taken nyquil. I know it has some sugar/alcohol in it, but it's the only thing that's helped me breathe at night and get a good nights' sleep. Could this be the problem? I'm on no other medication, nor am I taking this now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 08:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

There's nothing wrong with extending Induction indefinitely, except that you might get bored with the food.

Having said that, you're not doing badly at all. You've lost 4.5 pounds. Weight fluctuates normally, depending on water retention, which itself depends on how much salt you've eating, food sensitivities, hormonal fluctuation, etc. You're not losing and gaining 3-4 pounds of fat per week.

You're also not going on and off ketosis. The number of ketones in the urine also fluctuates. The most accurate readings are in the evening. However, even a negative reading doesn't necessarily mean you're not in ketosis.

Yes, many cold medications have sugar. Can you take it in pill or cap form next time you need some?

Rachel