Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 00:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/135/110
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Need support buddy to start with Atkin's Induction

Hi everybody,
I'm 26/F/Indian Vegetarian(excluding egg, including dairy).
I'm diagnosed with PCOS, I had started with Atkin's Induction last month, but couldn't follow it as it seems very little choice for vegetarians. Thats y couldn't make it.

When I was on Atkin's Induction I had only options for veggies as listed in Acceptable food, as even dairy is not allowed, I ate some pancakes made with soyabeans, thats y I got bored with same kind of food daily, & i had to left it in-between.

Now i want to start with it again, so need some motivatin, support to stick with it.

It would be of great help if you people can guide me with food choices, recipes, snacks that would help me to stick to this diet.

Thanks,
Vinita
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 03:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/207/155
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi there,

I started Atkins last year as a lacto-ovo vegetarian of 12 years standing but found it so hard, particularly as my partner is a meat eater!

I basically lived on mushrooms, cheese, nuts and salad which worked fine for me - I must say I ignored the bit about dairy!! Having a pack of babybel in the office was always handy and kept me in line even when the sandwich man came round with crisps and chocolate

I must say that I now eat meat and fish again after finding it just too hard which isn't what you need to hear

---moony
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 13:11

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi Vinita!

I'm another ex-vegitarian (sorry)

However when I saw your post I started to think of the things I ate when I was a vegitarian and what could be adapted to a LC diet. I used to eat TVP sometimes. You can get it in a neutral flavour and soak it in hot water with a mushroom or vegetable stock cube to give it extra taste. I then used to use it mixed with onion and sometimes mushrooms for stuffing peppers, filling savoury pancakes and many other things. It has the same carbs in it as most soy products.

I agree with moony. I think you'll have to eat cheese and other dairy products too, in order to get enough protein.

Personally I ate eggs, but only factory eggs as I knew they weren't fertile and I wasn't killing a potential life!

Although I now believe that vegitarianism is not for me, I wish you well and hope you find a way to stick to this diet so that you may reach the weight you desire.

Best wishes from Belarus.

Robert